Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome Sonnetta. You can also get hamburger helper if you want. We don't use hamburger helper but you might like it. or you can make sloppy joes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, that meal reminds me of the dirty rice w/lots of ground beef that I made. I always buy dirty rice from Popeye's Chicken, but had never cooked any. I bought a box of dirty rice...beans, jalapeno peppers, rice, few more ingredients. Plus, I added lots of ground beef! First time cooking it and I loved it!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fried zucchini and sliced tomatoes on toast and some grapes to eat. You could have cucumber in place of the zucchini (whatever you have on hand).

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight I made Taco salad. I didn't make lunch today because I had two doctor's appointments one right after the other. I was gone from noon until 3:00 so I didn't get a chance to eat lunch today.

Post Thanks / Like
    The night before last I made pork chops marinated in Italian dressing, peas, and sweet potatoes and last night my daughter made chicken burgers and french fries. The pork chops were boneless and there was no fat on them at all. I have not planned anything for today yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about some of the good squash dish?

Post Thanks / Like
    We keep a well stocked freezer and pantry. We live in the country. We plan our meals around what we have on hand. Very seldom eat out. We always make enough to have for at least 2 meals. Yesterday we had Salmon patties, mac & cheese and green beans cooked with onion and bacon. Today Tom is having surgery to remove kidney stones. I can't drive in the city so our deacon sponser is driving him , staying with him and bringing him home. Pray for him, please. I'll be on pins and needles til I hear he is okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Magnolia Blossom,
    I pray Tom's surgery went well. Keep us updated.
    Jean Marie

9. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mentioning squash. Do you all have a recipe for a squash casserole?. That don't have to have saltine crackers. And a broccoli casserole as well. I google it. I can't get one without crackers. If anyone can find one for me. I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    And you all sound like you have good plans about eating at home. Good deal. I eat at home every day and night. I think it is wonderful to fix a meal at home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom's procedure went well and he is home. He's sore but otherwise okay. Yesterday I took the left-over Mac& Cheese, added a can of chopped ham and a can of Cream of Mushroom soup................mixed it together. Put in a casserole dish, baked at 350 until hot and bubbly. Then topped with shredded cheddar cheese. Green beans and carrot sticks to go with it. Used all my left-overs...........no wasting of food.........................Here is a dish called 'Stuff'..................1 can chilli beans, 1 can Rotel tomatoes, 1 can chilli and 1 can cheddar soup...........mix together, cook til bubbly and serve over corn chips. Quick and easy. @Mash52............google Broccolii and rice casserole. Very tasty.