Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Surgery scheduled for Friday Aug 5

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.

It has been very hectic the last few weeks. Three weeks ago, I finally received a date for surgery and as of now, unless there is a change in date and time, I am due for outpatient surgery on Fri. Aug. 5 for melanoma skin cancer. I had pre-op last week, all went well. Now it is countdown time.

What the oncology surgeon will do is first inject me with dye so they can identify lymph nodes to remove (just a few) and they will be biopsied to see if it has spread, 80% of the time it doesn't spread, 20% of the time it does. Then he will clean out what is there, at this point, have no idea how deep or wide he has to go, until he opens me up, no clue. Hopefully, it will be less invasive and I can recuperate quicker. I don't know what it is like to do less than 100 mph so this is not going to be pretty if I am laid up and have to stay put LOL. But I will do it, otherwise it will make it worse.

So that is the story, I have been doing things in my home that I had put off for a while so now they are done (finally). Just finishing up a few things before Friday.

My pastor and his wife are coming to my home Thursday evening to pray with me (and also bless my house and vehicle), they are just terrific people. When they were away and couldn't take their little doggie, they asked me to sleep at their house and stay with her. OMG! I had only met them in December 2015 when I began to go to their church. Then I watered their plants while they were away (this time they took doggie) in July. They paid me for both times and I felt guilty taking the money but I put it right back into the church mission projects that we do.

Once I find out exactly what is going on, will update everyone. Please take care and have a safe summer.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi LI Roe Glad you have some support. The pastor and his wife sound really nice. I will put you on my prayer list with the date .
    Here's the first verse of a song we used to sing in grade school. I found my hymnal and looked up the words.

I AM JESUS LITTLE LAMB EVER GLAD AT HEART I AM--FOR MY SHEPHARD GENTLY LEADS ME
    KNOWS MY NEEDS AND WELL PROVIDES ME--LOVES ME EVERY DAY THE SAME--EVEN CALLS ME BY MY NAME

In the world today it is numbers and impersonal. So that Jesus knows me by name just seemed so loving. God bless and keep and give you His strength and Peace. P.S. I am 64 now. But I still love that song.

3. Thanks LI Roe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Roe. I had two go-rounds with cancer between 2008 and 2013, and I'm still here to talk about it. I could not have survived without the Lord. You are His child and He holds you in the palm of His hand. I will pray for your strength and comfort, and for your fast and complete recovery. I will also pray that the Lord guides the surgeon and all who care for you. Please keep in touch and let us know you're doing. Blessings

Mary

5. Thanks LI Roe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to you and I will say a pray for you.

7. Thanks LI Roe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you good health
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

9. Thanks LI Roe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI LI Roe, I just got back from the clinic for a follow up with the surgeon that did my cancer surgery. The surgery was in 2014 and I don't go back again unless I have a problem. She is so nice and really goes all the way for me. I am doing great....no return of the cancer!
    I will be praying for you to have the same kind of results as I have. Put your trust in the Lord ....He is there to help you and the surgeons. I remember singing myself to sleep with the anesthetic. I was singing my favorite song that I sing at church. "Touch Me Again, Lord". I felt that He went into the surgery with me. I pray that He will go with you too. Hang in there and know that I love you too! Your friend, redhead/Patty

11. Thanks LI Roe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Li Roe. I will say my prayers for you. You will do fine. You have lots of people in your corner. God bless you.

Hugs,
    Judy

13. Thanks LI Roe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're in my thoughts and prayers.

15. Thanks LI Roe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LI Roe, you are in my thoughts and prayers and I pray that you will have a very quick recovery.

17. Thanks LI Roe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of you LI Roe and praying

19. Thanks LI Roe thanked for this post