Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How To Protect Yourself Against Skin Cancer This Summer

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to ask everyone to please be careful out in the sun and to have anything suspicious checked immediately. I had a biopsy done at the dermatologist last week on a growth on the upper back part of my left arm and got the results Weds that it is stage two melanoma skin cancer. I was at the surgeons office Thurs, today for the consultation and will be having surgery (as soon as they set up a date, gal who does the scheduling won't be in till Monday) to remove it and also check lymph nodes by inserting dye into me and removing a few to make sure it has not spread. Most of the time (like 80%) it doesn't spread but until he actually goes in and removes the cancer and checks lymph nodes, it is status quo. I am very calm about it, I have a different attitude than most and I just play the cards I am dealt. But seriously, you never know and need to be vigilant.

Take care everyone.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe my goodness it seems forever since I talked with you. I apologize I have to admit some days I don't do too well and get down in the dumps but the Good Lord always pulls me out of it. I don't know if you saw the post where I was talking about have the nerves in my back burned in six places. They did test shots and I did great with those so they don't know why the actual burning didn't relieve the pain so that was upsetting to me I got my hopes too high!! Now I am having problems again with my oxygen getting too low sometimes 75-76 I've heard to try and keep it from going below 90 but that happens all the time now. I am having epidural so on Thursday morn and a sleep study Thursday night. I am praying the get the info they need. My daughters are taking me to Fla we are supposed to leave the 17th now I'm not sure. The dr said the wouldn't be able to get oxygen approved and to me before Sat!!! I wish I knew what others with this dease would do!!! Well it's in the Lords hands I know my girls would be upset bc they are so excited to be able to do this for me. Please pray the Drs can do something for me so we can all go.
    I am going to be praying for you day ans night every time the Lords brings you to my mind which I know will be a lot. I'm so sorry you have to go through this the waiting is awful!!! Take care of yourself the best you can I love you Roe 💕💕💕💕💕💕

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I am going to ask everyone to please be careful out in the sun and to have anything suspicious checked immediately. I had a biopsy done at the dermatologist last week on a growth on the upper back part of my left arm and got the results Weds that it is stage two melanoma skin cancer. I was at the surgeons office Thurs, today for the consultation and will be having surgery (as soon as they set up a date, gal who does the scheduling won't be in till Monday) to remove it and also check lymph nodes by inserting dye into me and removing a few to make sure it has not spread. Most of the time (like 80%) it doesn't spread but until he actually goes in and removes the cancer and checks lymph nodes, it is status quo. I am very calm about it, I have a different attitude than most and I just play the cards I am dealt. But seriously, you never know and need to be vigilant.

Take care everyone.

Roe
    Hi Roe,
    I'm glad they caught it before it got any worse.