Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Anniem, Sorry to hear about your husband. You and your husband are in my prayers. The people are truly great. I am disabled and don't get out much. I do go to some yard sales sometimes and next year I am hoping to get back into my craft shows. I have met some wonderful friends on here and I love each and every one of them. I don't know what I would have done without them. I have not been on a lot lately because of doctor appointments, planting my flowers, and my daughter and her son are staying with us temporarily because she just went through a divorce and is trying to get on her feet. Anytime you want to talk just send me a private message and I will be glad to talk to you.

2. Likes PhoenixNakia liked this post
    Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary, So sorry your husband is so uncomfortable. If he is capable to take a bath get a 4 lb. container of Epsom salts and put about half in the tub of water. A bath of 20 to 40 minutes will do him wonders! Repeat the next day.
    Thank you for your caring!

Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nakia,
    You are so fortunate! I have searched for agencies that might help. The ones I found actually don't exist anymore or still want payment. It's been very discouraging. Even when I do come across a "low cost" dog I just don't have the money. "Only" $100 is impossible for me. Hubby is getting on his feet slowly, but honestly he still has a lot of needs, especially emotional. It's draining at times.
    Thank you for your caring suggestions.

5. Likes PhoenixNakia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone. Thank you, Anniem for your suggestion of Epsom salt for my husband's poison ivy. I'm not staying online right now. I just got on to do some bible verses and saw the notice of an answer to this thread in my mailbox. I like to do my chores in the mornings while I have the energy. I thank you for answering so quickly. I will talk to you soon. Love and prayers - Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    You can contact your local pet adoption agency and they can provide you with some information. This is your for better or worse. You are a dutiful wife. God is blessing you. Uplifting your family in prayer.
    ---HarriEtta

8. Likes PhoenixNakia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetdiva View Post
    You can contact your local pet adoption agency and they can provide you with some information. This is your for better or worse. You are a dutiful wife. God is blessing you. Uplifting your family in prayer.
    Hi There Anniem, Most of us can relate to what you are going thru. Besides caring for an invalid relative, I am also a registered nurse so I have experienced all of what you have described first hand. You can feel free to private message us at any time. One of us is sure to be up and on line. And all kinds of (((HUGS))) and PRAYERS are coming your way. Hang in there. The Good Lord never puts more on our shoulders than he knows we can carry. Susan136

10. Likes PhoenixNakia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you considered a cat? Go into a rescue, sit down and let the cat choose you. If you don't care about taking the animal with you every place you go a cat may be the way to go. Cats are strange but can be great therapy animals. My tabby is part maine coon kitty and she made it very clear she was a purr therapist. She would purr loudly in my ear every day I was recovering after my breast cancer surgery. Even now she turns the motor up to make sure I can hear it. I agree with others get online and check out various rescues and breeders. Sometimes breeders can help if they know the situation and may be able to find a cat or dog for a cheaper donation. Consider and adult dog or cat that has already been spayed or neutered and seems to bond with you. You and your husband are in our prayers and I know you will find a dog or cat to help you through things.

12. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear that. When you see a loved one hurting it is hard on them and the caregiver has it hard too. I was in that position twice. I am glad he is getting better. I will pray for you both and for a dog too. The Lord give you His strength and put joy in your heart and big hugs. Sometimes I would get mad at God. But I am reading books on what Christ suffered on the cross. They whipped and beat Him so hard that He didn't even look human anymore. They shamed Him. This may not be the right time to say this to you. The reason I did was at last I am starting to realize that it wasn't easy for Jesus to do that even though He is God. We have a loving God who understands our pain. If you look into other religions you will find out that our religion is the only one you can be assured that you will go to heaven. The Lord Bless and keep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you go to an animal shelter and get a dog. Sometimes Vets have animals for people to take as pets. Hope your having a better day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about your problems and I am praying for you. Being a caregiver is VERY hard work. My mom was taking care of my dad for years and I came to realize that they needed something to bring themselves out of their situation. A dog would've been too much work and my mom doesn't like cats, so I decided to get them a hand-raised tame cockatiel. This bird was such a delight for them and just what the doctor ordered! Sadly, Sammi developed a lung infection and passed, but when I found out I have an allergy to birds I gave mine to my parents and my mom still has them (Sunny and Stormy will turn 21 this year!).

You have stated that money is tight. One this to keep in mind is that if you have an animal, there will be some vet bills, so please factor that into the cost. From what I've been told, a vet visit costs between $150 - $200. The last time I brought my cat in it cost $126. Just letting you know.

Have you thought about being a rescue volunteer? IF proper arrangements could be made, you might be able to foster care animals without having the burden of the vet bills. You'd probably still have to pay for the food and any toys, blankets, etc. Often if a place is given puppies or kittens, foster parents are needed to properly socialize the animals so they can be adoptable. I know this isn't the same as actually owning your own animal, but it might be an option. Animals do bring so much into our lives!