Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: widow talk

Post Thanks / Like

widow talk

I know there other widows on this site. I became one Nov.7 2014 I don't feel like a widow--I still feel married to my husband. I am fortunate that my three children live close and we all get a long. I am 64. Physically I am fine--those are things that come with age regarding my health. Proably surprises that will come a long. My oldest grandchild will be 13 in Nov. and the youngest one will be 6 in June. Their getting big so fast. Seems like my kids just graduated from High School.

I don't know how to explain it ---but it feels weird all the changes and makes me feel unsettled and weepy sometimes. I am not complaining just stating how it feels. So thankful for God to keep on the right path and grateful He uses His shepherd's staff to keep me there. I feel sorry for my grandkids for having to grow up in this society but praying God will keep their souls safe.

Just wondering how other widows are coping. God Bless and keep you all.

2. Likes Dustygirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    I know there other widows on this site. I became one Nov.7 2014 I don't feel like a widow--I still feel married to my husband. I am fortunate that my three children live close and we all get a long. I am 64. Physically I am fine--those are things that come with age regarding my health. Proably surprises that will come a long. My oldest grandchild will be 13 in Nov. and the youngest one will be 6 in June. Their getting big so fast. Seems like my kids just graduated from High School.

I don't know how to explain it ---but it feels weird all the changes and makes me feel unsettled and weepy sometimes. I am not complaining just stating how it feels. So thankful for God to keep on the right path and grateful He uses His shepherd's staff to keep me there. I feel sorry for my grandkids for having to grow up in this society but praying God will keep their souls safe.

Just wondering how other widows are coping. God Bless and keep you all.
    Hi Susie, this is MeerKat. I remember when your husband passed away, he died 4 months after my husband. I have found it is important to get out and do new things. Not just with your family, join a group and get out and meet new friends. I am dating a gentlemen I met 9 months ago and he has got me doing things I never thought about doing. We went fishing several time this Spring, I never fished before. He has me 4 wheeling sometimes we just go walking around and seeing the flowers in bloom. We go out and eat, it is nice just to have someone to have dinner with. I don't want to remarry but I enjoy his company. He has his home and I have mine, and I am happy with that. But I find if I stay home to much I still get down. Just make yourself get out and do things.

God Bless You
    MeerKat

4. Likes Dustygirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susie Ann, Everyone handles this differently and in their own time. I have to agree with MeerKat, it really helps to get out and about. I lost my husband Aug,18 & I didn't like coming home from work, at times. I have "fur babies" so I had to take care of them but I didn't always stay home. I'd leave and go to a fairly busy restaurant to try to eat. I'd listen to the other conversations and talk to my waitress. I now have a wonderful boyfriend. He lost his wife in October after 50+ yrs. like me he didn't want to be alone. He has an airplane and he is teaching me to fly it! We are leaving Saturday to go on a cruise. I've never been on one before. We went camping with friends last weekend.
    I finally got the afghan done for the nurse at work. Back to working on the dolies my sister wants for her church ladies. Please don't just stay in the house. Get out & about even if just for a short while. It really does get better. This is the second time I have been through this. Hoping the best for you! HUGS!!
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

6. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustygirl View Post
    Susie Ann, Everyone handles this differently and in their own time. I have to agree with MeerKat, it really helps to get out and about. I lost my husband Aug,18 & I didn't like coming home from work, at times. I have "fur babies" so I had to take care of them but I didn't always stay home. I'd leave and go to a fairly busy restaurant to try to eat. I'd listen to the other conversations and talk to my waitress. I now have a wonderful boyfriend. He lost his wife in October after 50+ yrs. like me he didn't want to be alone. He has an airplane and he is teaching me to fly it! We are leaving Saturday to go on a cruise. I've never been on one before. We went camping with friends last weekend.
    I finally got the afghan done for the nurse at work. Back to working on the dolies my sister wants for her church ladies. Please don't just stay in the house. Get out & about even if just for a short while. It really does get better. This is the second time I have been through this. Hoping the best for you! HUGS!!
    I agree Dusty Girl. you have to get out in the world and start living again. I wanted to just shut myself up in my Apartment and stay there. You got to get out. And you are right everybody handles it differently. Susie just don't shut yourself off from the world.
    I also have been through this twice and each time I handled it differently.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when both of your husbands died. Glad you are both doing well. I am doing well too--it is just memories that come . Kids and grandkids keep me very busy. Plus other activities. God Bless you both.

9. Likes Dustygirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will find that the memories will come less and less. But will always be there. Please try and find friends outside your family. They are the constant reminder of your husband, you need friends outside your family.

11. Likes Dustygirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susie Ann, bless your heart I know it may not seem like it but things will get better. My husband went to Heaven 14 yrs ago July 31st it still seems unreal at times. I still have weepy times too I think we always will and it's ok as long as we live our life the Lord has given us the best we can. If there are times and I'm pretty sure there will be that you don't feel like being sociable thats ok too maybe Jesus is just telling you you need some alone time with Him. The Lord knows exactly what you need and when you need it He will give it to you. You are such a blessing to others you sure have been to me the Lord can use you to bless others during their hard times. Take care love you bunches 💕💕💕 Winnie

13. Likes Dustygirl, MeerKat liked this post