Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Divorce

Post Thanks / Like

Divorce

A couple of weeks ago I told hubby I would not be staying with him when our house sold. Things have not been well for a long time. He tried for about 10 days to get me to change my mind. Then he joined an online dating site and immediately met a woman. In less than two weeks now they are exchanging "I love yous" I kind of had an emotional break yesterday and my eyes wouldn't stop leaking. I thought he could at least have waited til we saw the lawyer and had the paperwork filed. Anyway, I have wished them the best of luck and hope things work out for them. The biggest problem is we are stuck in the house together (due to money issues) until it sells. So I could use prayers. He bought an RV for them to travel the country when we are done here. I am going to WI to live with my son and DIL. At least we are not fighting and are remaining friends. We have been together 47 years and married 46 & 1/2 years. 3 sons, 13 grands. A lot of water under the bridge. Oh well, nice to have CT friends to share with. You all have a great weekend.
    Susan136

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,
    I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll pray for you.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry. That has to be difficult. I will be praying for you. Here is a verse of a song I learned when I went to the Lutheran grade school. I am Jesus little lamb ever glad at heart I am. For my Shepherd gently guides me. Knows my need and well provides me. Loves me every day the same. Even calls me by my name. Today it hit me. Jesus loves me every day the same---he doesn't see me as fat and old and all aging-- He sees me in the inside and He loves me just because I am me He wants a personal relationship He never forgets my name.
    I know people can drift away the longer their married it happened to me and my husband --I don't think he even liked me anymore. He died of lung cancer from 2nd hand smoke in 2014 I do miss him even if he was ornery. But I don't miss being picked at. Marriage can be very confusing

Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with you that things work out for you

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry. I am sure things will work out for you even though it doesn't seem like it now.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 05-16-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all of you who have responded. I really appreciate the support.
    Susan136

Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with you. I went through the same thing and my daughter has just gone through it so I know how it feels. My ex was actually seeing a woman from church while I was still married to him and she lived with her parents and they stood by and let it happen. He was in his 40's and she was in her 20's. I no sooner moved out then she moved in with him. Then he left her for someone else now he is married to the second woman. But I have forgiven him and I am happy he has found someone else. I tried to make a go of it but he didn't want it. I am so sorry to hear you are going though it and I pray that the good Lord will give you the strength and comfort during this time.

8. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan136, I am sadden to hear of your Life changes. Till you sell house it is not like being alone so please realize that as you need planning. I hope WI is a start of a awesome life. Around Family, GK thats will be great. My Prayers for you. Wow 47 thats how long for us only we are older. Me 76 & hubby 92yrs. he's not well & Dr said he may live us all out as a year ago he was real bad. I wont have Family around me so God Go With and be Happy for Yourself. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    You ladies are wonderful. The divorce was my decision. I am at peace with the Lord. I know I am going against his word but I feel he knows the situation and has forgiven me. I just wish the real estate would schedule some showings and sell the house. lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you and your husband can work things out.