Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Divorce

Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot allow that to happen Jean, the situation is not condusive to my good health.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was married for 28 years and have been divorced for 14 years. Susan, I will admit it is still hard and scary sometimes but I am so much happier now than I was when I was married. I have 1 child (adult) who lives with me and still does not talk to her dad because of all the drama. There is so much less noise and drama now that him and his family are gone. We love coming home to a quiet home with only our cats wanting a lap and to help with our crocheting. It is hard and scary sometimes but we women are a lot stronger than we realize and our faith in God becomes stronger. Prayers are with you because I know you will be alright with his help. Keep crocheting because it helps.
    Barb

Post Thanks / Like
    It is good you have family to go to. Sometimes it is best for YOU and your health. My husband of 50+ years and I managed to survive his toxic mother and father, but we are best friends. Good luck and God is with you.
    Hugs,
    Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, thanks for all your support. The hardest thing right now is living in the same house. Due to finances we are stuck til it sells. So we have ups an downs. Thanks again.
    Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    I should clarify that my husband and I being best friends besides loving each other helped. His parents got a divorce after 60 years of marriage. They were the couple from hell. You are among friends here.
    Hugs,
    Judy

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan,
    I am so sorry for your situation, but think you made the right decision. Marriage is hard, but harder if one or both parties aren't happy. I too went through a divorce after 23 years of marriage and two children. I am happier now than I have ever been. God has blessed me with a wonderful, loving husband. We just celebrated our 24th anniversary this past Monday.
    My prayers are with you.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

7. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Susan,
    I am so sorry for your situation, but think you made the right decision. Marriage is hard, but harder if one or both parties aren't happy. I too went through a divorce after 23 years of marriage and two children. I am happier now than I have ever been. God has blessed me with a wonderful, loving husband. We just celebrated our 24th anniversary this past Monday.
    My prayers are with you.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    Congratulations on your anniversary

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudreyL View Post
    Congratulations on your anniversary
    Thank you, Audrey!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 05-19-2016 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,
    Sorry to hear of this. I to am going though something like this. Have not been on here on a long while, I lost my mother in January and just getting my bearings back. Husband is in WI and I am in FL, no emotional support at all. I had lost my dad 3 years ago and decided to move away as hubby was getting abusive more and more. I will pray your house sells quickly as that you can move on with life. This seems to happen alot these days, marriage is not what it used to be. Be well and take care of yourself.
    Denise