Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bible Study

Post Thanks / Like

Bible Study

Our Bible Study book is 'Life Lessons with Max Lucado on the Book of Psalms. Last week was our first lesson and we were told to write a Psalm. This week we're told to write a Psalm each week. It's supposed to be based on the Psalm we are studying but it's how God leads us. We're supposed to type our Psalms so it can be put in a book. The first lesson was on Psalm 1-A Heart Condition --Lesson 2-Psalm 16-Trusting God --For next week Lesson 3, it's Psalm 19-God's Law

The Psalm I wrote for today's Bible Study based on Psalm 16
    You are LORD and SAVIOR. You are KING of kings. You are JESUS CHRIST, THE RISEN LORD. I Believe, I Believe, I Believe You Died for me. You took all my sins upon Yourself and Bled and Died for me.

There are those who don't know You. It must hurt Your heart when some of Your children don't believe. But I know You are LORD and KING. May I shine like the stars and sparkle like the snow. Live in my heart, strengthen my faith,and help me to stay true to THEE ALWAYS.

May I be spiritually strong as I put on the BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, The HELMET OF SALVATION, THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT which is the WORD OF GOD, THE BELT OF TRUTH and THE FEET OF READINESS FOR THE GOSPEL OF PEACE. THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD I put on with PRAYER. May they protect me from the evil one. Guide me O SAVIOR.

As You walked up Calvary's road, it was hard to carry the weight of the cross. After they nailed You on the cross and lifted You up for all to see, You bore the weight of sin that was hard to bear when You were walking on CALVARY'S ROAD.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 05-29-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Psalm I wrote for today's Bible Study based on Psalm 19.

Gazing at the stars and sky and seeing the wonders of HIS MAJESTY and the Beauty it Beholds. GREAT IS HIS FAITHFULNESS. GIVE YOUR ALL TO JESUS. I place my hope and my trust in YOU LORD. AMAZING GRACE; ROCK OF AGES; I LIFT YOUR NAME ON HIGH; YOU ARE AWESOME; I PRAISE YOU LORD. You keep me safe as I trust in You. ALL AROUND ME YOUR LOVE; GUIDE ME O THOU MY SAVIOR GUIDE; I STAND IN AWE OF YOU; LET THERE BE NO HIGHER PRAISE; HOLD ME CLOSE, LET YOUR LOVE SURROUND ME. BRING ME NEAR, DRAW ME TO YOUR SIDE. BE THOU MY VISION, MY HOPE, MY JOY, MY CROWN. BLAZE SPIRIT BLAZE, SET OUR HEARTS ON FIRE as we STAND ON THE PROMISES THAT CANNOT FALL. WHISPERING HOPE; LAMB OF GOD YOU ARE MY ALL in all.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-07-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lesson 4, Psalm 23 - Finding Comfort and Rest
    Lesson 5, Psalm 32 - Forgiveness

Psalm I wrote based on Psalm 23
    You are my Shepherd. Hide Thou me in the palm of Thy Hand. Lead me to springs of living water where one day I will see JESUS. When we all see JESUS, we’ll sing and shout the victory. Safe am I in the Hollow of HIS Hand. He knows my name.

Psalm I wrote based on Psalm 32
    My guilt is gone. You have forgiven my sin. My strength has returned. Songs of joy pour out from me. I am no longer hiding my sin. I trust in You, LORD. You are my Rock, my place of safety. I sing Praise to You. I will sing and shout and obey the SPIRIT OF THE LORD.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-27-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Psalm I wrote based on Psalm 46
    You have forgiven my sin. My strength has returned. Songs of joy pour out from me. I am no longer hiding my sin. I trust in You, LORD. You are my Rock, my place of safety. I sing Praise to You. I will SING and SHOUT and OBEY the SPIRIT of the LORD!

That last sentence is part of a song.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-24-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Psalm based on Palm 51

LORD, take away my sins and take away any bad thoughts. Cleanse me and make me pure so I will be drawn closer to THEE. I will rejoice as SONGS of PRAISE burst from me. For YOU are my GOD and I Praise YOU.

My Psalm based on Psalm 62

Evil is all around us but JESUS IS THE ROCK; A SHELTER IN THE TIME OF STORM. And THERE IS NO OTHER I CAN TURN TO; HE IS MY ROCK. Trust and never doubt. WE NEED GOD EVERY DAY. JESUS IS EVERYTHING.There is none righteous; NO, NOT ONE. GOD IS THE LORD!!! AND POWER BELONGS TO HIM!!!

My Psalm based on Psalm 90

In the beginning, when the Earth was formless, empty, shapeless and a chaotic mass and darkness was all around, before the Earth was created YOU ARE GOD from EVERLASTING to EVERLASTING, without Beginning or End. YOU created us from dust. YOU gave us life. There is a time for everything and there will be a time when YOU speak and we turn back to dust, when our life on Earth has ended. To YOU a thousand years are like a single hour or a watch in the night. Our time on Earth is short and we are no more. We are like new grass in the morning that is mowed down and withered before the evening shadows fall. We cannot stand against Your anger or wrath. All our sins are laid out before You – even our secret sins in the LIGHT OF YOUR PRESENCE. We live out our days NOT under THY WRATH but under the BLOOD of JESUS. Our days are 70 or 80 years but during our lifetime there is trouble, sorrow, emptiness and pain. THE POWER OF YOUR ANGER IS GREAT. Teach us to number our days and realize how few they are. How long, O LORD will it be? Satisfy us with THY LOVE and MERCY that we may REJOICE, BE GLAD and SING all our days. May we be Glad for as many days as we have been afflicted and as many years as we have seen trouble. May we see the Miracles of old and may our children see the GLORY and SPLENDOR of THY HAND. May THY FAVOR be upon us and may the work of our hands be established; our labors effective and enduring.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-24-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Psalm based on Psalm 103

PRAISE THE LORD! THE LORD has made HIMSELF known. HE LOVES us. Obey HIM. Our sins-all of them-HE FORGIVES. The LORD IS COMPASSIONATE. HE IS MERCIFUL and GRACIOUS;Slow to get angry, filled with KINDNESS and LOVE. HE doesn't stay angry and harbor anger forever. HIS LOVE and MERCY are GREAT-GREAT as the height of the HEAVENS above the EARTH to those who REVERENCE HIM. HE IS COMPASSIONATE, TENDER and SYMPATHETIC to those who FEAR HIM. HE knows we are but dust;that our days are few and brief, like grass that is blown by the wind and is gone. but HIS LOVING KINDNESS IS FOREVER - From Everlasting to Everlasting to those who FEAR HIM and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS to their children's children of those who are FAITHFUL to HIS COVENANT and remember to OBEY HIM. The HEAVENS are HIS THRONE; HIS KINGDOM RULES OVER ALL. PRAISE THE LORD, BLESS THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD you His ANGELS and HEAVENLY HOSTS. PRAISE THE LORD ALL HIS WORKS. PRAISE THE LORD. O my Soul.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-24-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Because I didn't get the first Psalm, here is My Psalm based on Psalm 1

Blessed are those who don't walk with the wicked but delights in the WORD of GOD and Meditates on it day and night. He is like a tree planted by the water that yields fruit in season. This leaf does not wither and whatever he does prospers. But the wicked are like chaff that is blown away. They won't stand in the judgment or in the assembly of the righteous. The LORD watches over the plans and paths of the righteous but the way of the wicked will perish.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-24-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Psalm based on Psalm 125 and 126

TRUST THE LORD! STAY TRUE TO HIM! THE LORD IS ALWAYS WITH US! THE LORD DOES GOOD TO THOSE WHO ARE GOOD AND UPRIGHT BUT THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO DO EVIL HE WILL DESTROY. THE LORD HAS DONE GREAT THINGS FOR US AND WE ARE FILLED WITH JOY. REFRESH US O LORD WASH US ANEW. MAY OUR NATION SING SONGS OF PRAISE TO HIM!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Psalm based on Psalm 128
    Happy and Blessed are those who walk in the ways of THE LORD. It will go well with them. If you OBEY THE LORD and walk in HIS ways; If you RESPECT and FEAR HIM you will be happy and joyful and you will be BLESSED. If you REVERENCE and TRUST THE LORD your reward will be prosperity and happiness. Your children will be healthy and strong. May the LORD always BLESS you and May HE give you the joy of seeing your grandchildren. MAY GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

My Psalm based on based on all these Psalms

MEDITATING on the WORD of GOD, JESUS CHRIST – THE RISEN LORD! FAITHFULNESS, AMAZING GRACE, ROCK OF AGES, LAMB OF GOD – YOU ARE MY ALL IN ALL; MY SHEPHERD – I WILL SING AND SHOUT AND OBEY THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD! I TRUST IN YOU LORD! YOU ARE MY ROCK, MY PLACE OF SAFETY. YOU ARE MY GOD AND I PRAISE YOU! GOD IS THE LORD AND POWER BELONGS TO HIM! PRAISE THE LORD! OBEY HIM! BLESS THE LORD! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!