Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Gardening Plans for Spring/Summer

What are your plans for gardening this year? Will you plant veggies and flowers or both? Planting any bushes or trees? Starting new gardening spaces or adding to established areas? Adding garden decor or what do you have already?

Please share your gardening tips and tidbits with us. Wishing you all a prosperous and joyous gardening adventure!

~Happy Gardening~Butterflyrose

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that all my flowerbeds have been cleaned out by the lawn service guys, I have assessed what needs to be done. I'll replace some flowers in 3 of my flowerbeds. One bed gets a completely new start...maybe veggies and flowers or just veggies or flowers. Decisions, decisions, decisions!lol Oh, and there's my patio garden too! What will I plant? Maybe an assortment of both or one or the other? Great adventures ahead! I'm excited! What about you?

3. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Butterflyrose your lucky ! Still snow coming down a little so end of April to dig Im sure in MN. My riser will be dug up fresh Soil and Veggies: tomatoes, pepper, beans, turnips, carrots, spinich cuke, 2 squash, onion (I think) have a 5ft X 7ft small plost for Tomatoes, Cukes, Peas, Beets also to dig up & soil added. ! 36" container on deck with Herbs & Jalapeno peppers 2. 2 lag 24" Pots for cherrie tomatoes & 1 yellow. Potatoes go in 1 new area as we added a nice side walk zig-zag walk feel like yellow brick road. My OA is much worse so LOTS of planning & longer to do. Hubby is unable to do (it bothers him) I give him jobs tho & tires after 30 minutes. My New Life Journey this year. Yes why all this??? Ive been away & most dont know a few come on my Post or pm me (use to) just wanted you to know I care very much about Barbara Green & CT members. Susan2014

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, that sounds like a nice garden you'll have this year! I love hearing about the various veggies that you plant. Your sidewalk sounds lovely too! Keep us posted about your garden please.

You are missed! Take care and I'm praying prayers of healing for you and your family. Bless you for the care you give your husband.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I trimmed the hedges. Afte several rainy days, new growth was present on the hedges. Now they look fresh and pristine!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making my list of plants to buy. Already on the list is a hedge to replace one that I bought last year. Also, I want to add more dusty millers to two of my flower beds. I need to buy a flowering plant to put in a pot. Still adding to the list...

Post Thanks / Like
    To My Surprise...

As I checked my front lawn, I discovered that my yellow irises have buds and will be blooming in the very near future. I am so excited to soon be viewing signs of spring...blooming flowers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of my yellow bearded irises are now in full bloom. They are beautiful!

11. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My First Day of Gardening...

Earlier in the week, I happened to see some veggie seeds in the store. So, I bought a few packages of them. I bought some okra, tomato, collards, green beans and onion seeds. Yesterday, I planted the okra seeds, some in my patio container garden and some in my veggie garden. I want to do a comparative study to see which seeds grow better. Gardening days, here I come!

~An Excited Gardener~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    hey susan2014 i dont believe i have met you--- i am lulu12 from georgia i hope you are having a good day

14. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post