Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Letter to Gardeners...

It is always a pleasure to chat and share the delights found in our gardens.
    Please stop by to share gardening stories, tips and ideas.
    Looking forward to hearing about your gardens!

~An Excited Gardener~Butterflyrose

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I planted a lilac bush out in front of our mobile home. It is still small but has leaves on it. I am planning on getting a rose bush or 2 and some pretty flowers to put around our patio and side of the house. I am going to plant some flowers in containers and put them on the back porch and the front porch and we are are going to buy some soil and plant flowers around the tree in our front yard and put a fence around it. I am going to have some raised gardens on legs so I don't have to bend over as it is getting harder for me to do that. I am still in the process of figuring out just what type of flowers and vegetables I want to plant. I know we will have some green peppers tomatoes, green beans, and banana peppers. I may plant some radishes, okra, green onions and,cucumbers.

3. Likes Susan2014, Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    sonnetta sounds allmost like my raiser veggies except okra. When do you start seed where you live?? Im in Minneapolis, Minnesota end of May/June some.

Wish I could get raiser on legs. You will enjoy that. Let me know how it goes. Sounds good. Susan2014
    We usually start planting vegetables toward the end of May. Sometimes the middle of May.

Post Thanks / Like
    My outside gardening has come to a standstill. We've been experiencing stormy weather so I'll wait 'til the weather stabilizes before planting my plants. I'm keeping the plants that I bought at the nursery well-watered. Looking forward to gardening outside in the near future!~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    On Tuesday, I planted the tomato and red pepper plant. I also replanted the green bean and lettuce seeds that the rains washed out. I found a lettuce plant growing from last year's garden. What a pleasant surprise!

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi georgia and Im sorry to read so late. im pleased to meet you. So many personal tragedy's in family lately -- my head is swimming. Gardening is very hard for me so with cane, knee & leg bands I go out several time and work at slow speed but love to play in soil. I like weeding / crazy old gal but its part of it all. Watering can be a pain in my yard so water cans in my wagon I bought really is nice. i have a seat/bench in 2 areas & carry 1 wagon with incase. So much is done sitting down. Seeing undone 5ft X 7ft area for Tomatoes etc is hard BUT God has a plan. Containers up close to house, good soil, water mmmm veggies. Peppers, cukes, tomatoes + cherry one, potatoes, onions, HERBS - 10, radish's, carrots, Garden Venting!! Ty for letting me. Love to see photos lulu12 and anyone else?? Hugs Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    hey susan2014 how are you doing today? i dont help out with the garden the kids do it- i hav so many allergies that i just stay inside what have you been crocheting? i made a owl rug --its almost finished now i am working on a lady bug rug --maybe one day i will get a camera and take some pictures-- i hope you are having a good day----lulu12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    What are your plans for gardening this year? Will you plant veggies and flowers or both? Planting any bushes or trees? Starting new gardening spaces or adding to established areas? Adding garden decor or what do you have already?

Please share your gardening tips and tidbits with us. Wishing you all a prosperous and joyous gardening adventure!

~Happy Gardening~Butterflyrose
    Good morning,
    At the moment all of my gardening is in containers. I have a pesky squirrel that loves to eat my Christmas cactus flowers and leaves and my Mother of Thousands plant. He also loves to dig in the soil. I tried to put cayenne pepper around, but it doesn't distract him at all. I will have to buy something at the store to repel him.
    Happy gardening everyone.
    Caryn Joy

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gardening Plans for Spring/Summer-13173841_10208933327951645_8415697718351464322_n-jpg
    This is my new Azalea that I got for Mother's day.

13. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carynjoyb View Post
    Good morning,
    At the moment all of my gardening is in containers. I have a pesky squirrel that loves to eat my Christmas cactus flowers and leaves and my Mother of Thousands plant. He also loves to dig in the soil. I tried to put cayenne pepper around, but it doesn't distract him at all. I will have to buy something at the store to repel him.
    Happy gardening everyone.
    Caryn Joy
    Wishing you much success in your container gardening! Yes, the 'lil creatures do enjoy our gardens, don't they?

15. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post