Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Husband and mother in hospital...Feeling overwhelmed....

Just wanted to let you all know that my husband has had his 2nd kidney surgery and it did not go as well as planned. He will need another surgery in a few months. He does not seem to snap back as well this time. Surgery took a lot longer and so is the recovery time. Lots more pain, bleeding, and spasms. Now I got word that my mother was admitted to a different hospital with a perforation in her stomach. So I am awaiting news if she needs surgery. I feel I should be with my mother, but my husband needs me to be with him also. Feeling torn and sad that I can not be in two places at the same time. Praying to God that he wraps them in his arms and keeps them safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry your husbands surgery didn't go as planned or hoped!! I pray your mom will not have to have surgery !! Do you have any family nearby? I would come help you if I was close to you. I sill defineately pray for them and for you. Take care hugs Winnie

3. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your thoughts. My children will be coming home. Daughter who lives out of state will be here tomorrow and she will be a great help. My other daughter has strep throat and so does her husband, really don't want to see them until they are better. Can't take the chance of getting sick. I am still fighting pneumonia and getting run down. Hoping things start turning around soon. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Little Drummer,
    May God place His healing hand upon your husband and Mom and You and your daughter and husband.

6. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any sisters or brothers who could be with your mom? So sorry to hear of your problems. Dear Lord please help little drummer to cope with this. Please lay your healing hands on her husband and mother. Give them your peace and strength. Hugs to you.

8. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I do have siblings, and have been able to talk to my mom on the phone, but feel I should be with her. Feeling so bad. My daughter should be here tomorrow and she and I will go to visit my mom. Her husband (my son-in-law) will stay with my husband. Thank you for your prayers and your kindness. They do help! Husband seems to be doing some better. Had a water line break in my laundry room and flooded the laundry room, bathroom and living room before got it under control. UGH! I am getting tired.....Merry Christmas and Blessings to you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh this must be so hard! Prayers are on the way for your family!

11. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have a lot to deal with right now. I hope you're feeling better and can have a Merry Christmas!

13. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about your mom and your husband. You and your family will be in my prayers. I pray everyone will be better very soon Merry Christmas

15. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to see my mom on Thursday with my daughter. I was there for 12 hours, She had a rotten day. So much pain. Hard for her to be comfortable. Felt I could not leave her. BUT..when I got home, my husband was very crabby and mean that I had to stay with my mother all day. I understand that he is not feeling well after his surgery, but it really hurt me to the core. I have tried to be as caring and take care of him putting my needs aside for him. I feel so bad that I can not be with them both at the same time, but that is not possible. I called the hospital yesterday and mom was gaining weight, retaining fluid as she has now what they call fluid overload and is a chance she is going into congestive heart failure. I did not sleep very well worrying about her. We are in a blizzard snow storm today. I feel so helpless. I called the hospital to check on her and she is still having lots of pain. The staff sometimes does not give her her pain medication..when she needs it, not sure why. She is supposed to get a shot of pain medication every hour. She is getting Dilaudid which is a good pain medication. This morning she was still having lots of pain, while on the phone with her I had her ring for the nurse and the nurse came in and was going to get her more comfortable with her injections etc. She is also diabetic and has a few other health concerns. This is just so hard when you can not be there making sure she is o.k. I am hoping she will get more comfortable and will have to rely on the phone today because of the storm. Thanks for all your well wishes. Two of my friends mothers passed away a week before Christmas and I am hoping mine is not #3. ;( Praying for good outcomes and that her pain gets better and things settle down around here. My kids are home and so it makes it even more challenging with so much to do, meals, cleaning up after them etc. Merry Christmas to you all, hoping your lives and your families are less complicated and all is well with you all. (: