Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by little drummer View Post
    I went to see my mom on Thursday with my daughter. I was there for 12 hours, She had a rotten day. So much pain. Hard for her to be comfortable. Felt I could not leave her. BUT..when I got home, my husband was very crabby and mean that I had to stay with my mother all day. I understand that he is not feeling well after his surgery, but it really hurt me to the core. I have tried to be as caring and take care of him putting my needs aside for him. I feel so bad that I can not be with them both at the same time, but that is not possible. I called the hospital yesterday and mom was gaining weight, retaining fluid as she has now what they call fluid overload and is a chance she is going into congestive heart failure. I did not sleep very well worrying about her. We are in a blizzard snow storm today. I feel so helpless. I called the hospital to check on her and she is still having lots of pain. The staff sometimes does not give her her pain medication..when she needs it, not sure why. She is supposed to get a shot of pain medication every hour. She is getting Dilaudid which is a good pain medication. This morning she was still having lots of pain, while on the phone with her I had her ring for the nurse and the nurse came in and was going to get her more comfortable with her injections etc. She is also diabetic and has a few other health concerns. This is just so hard when you can not be there making sure she is o.k. I am hoping she will get more comfortable and will have to rely on the phone today because of the storm. Thanks for all your well wishes. Two of my friends mothers passed away a week before Christmas and I am hoping mine is not #3. ;( Praying for good outcomes and that her pain gets better and things settle down around here. My kids are home and so it makes it even more challenging with so much to do, meals, cleaning up after them etc. Merry Christmas to you all, hoping your lives and your families are less complicated and all is well with you all. (:
    I hope your husband has a quick recovery from the surgery and that your Mom gets better.

2. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi little drummer,
    Where do you live? I'm in Holland, Michigan and we don't have any snow.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I will continue to pray for the continued recovery of your husband and pray for your mother as well that she will get better soon and be able to return home to her family. I read where two of your friends lost their mother's around Christmas. I also lost my mom a week before Christmas in 97. I know first hand how hard that is. I will pray for your friends as well.

5. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Little Drummer I understand. Men do not tolerate being sick very well. I really feel for you. At the hospital they told me they take it out on the one they feel the closest too because they feel safe with you and that you would never leave them. Hope this helps you a little--it still hurts though. God Bless and keep youl

7. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi little drummer,
    Where do you live? I'm in Holland, Michigan and we don't have any snow.
    Jean Marie
    I live in MN

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry for all you're going through. I pray things will be easier soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope things will improve very quickly for all of you. Will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. God has wrapped his arms around us and things are improving. I have moved my mom to a rehab facility and she will be there for a while. She is making great strides. My husband is also doing better and is now home. Things seem to have settled down for a little now. Hoping things will get back to a somewhat normalcy soon. Family dynamics can be so exhausting. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be an only child. I have 4 sisters and 3 brothers living and they all have their own agenda. It would be nice if we could all be on the same page.....HMMMM in a perfect world maybe!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi little drummer,
    We have snow now. I'm glad your Mom and Husband are doing good.

13. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to let everyone know that things are getting better. My husband is improving daily, still has a lot of pain and gets tired, but is improving. My mother has been released from the rehab therapy suites and will be staying with me until she feels she can go home. I will bring mother to another physical therapy apt on Thursday. Hoping things continue to improve for her and she can return to her own home soon.