Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

fell Friday night

Hello Ladies, It has been a very tough weekend but I thank the Lord for helping me through. We were going to take my grandson and daughter and drive around to see the beautiful Christmas lights. We stopped to drop off some cookies, a banana cream pie I made and some presents I made to a neighbor. When I was walking to her door I fell on her porch. I fell on my left leg. It is all swollen and I can't hardly walk on it. I am pretty much down in my chair with my leg up and wrapped and I put ice on it. I am pretty bruised up. I just thank the Lord it was not any worse then just bruising so it will take a little while to heal. I have to have help to get to the bathroom and stuff. I try to do it on my own when noone is around. I use my cane but it is still difficult. I can't get in and out of the tub right now so basically just washing. I am keeping busy with my crocheting and stuff though. I am finishing up the raggedy ann doll. Just have to put on her other eye, embroider her mouth and nose and put a little more hair on her. I showed my son last night and he said Adri is going to love it. I got to see my grandkids last night and he put them both in my lap and took a picture. They were giving me all kinds of hugs and kisses and Caiden was wanting grandma to hold him quite often. It really made me feel so wonderful inside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta,
    Sorry you fell. Feel Better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh so sorry for your fall! It's the pit's to fall just before Christmas! Hope that you get plenty of help. Glad you can still enjoy your grandkids and crocheting!
    I would like to share some Christmas cheer so here is a dvd you could buy to watch if you wanted, to cheer you up!

If you want to enjoy a little bit of Christmas Cheer you can watch this trailer from the Muppets and a very popular Choir!

Here is a cute dvd from last year's Christmas Production here in Salt Lake City! by the Muppets!

<em>Keep Christmas With You</em>
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 12-13-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry you fell. I have lupus so I've had to take prednisone a lot over the past 20 years. That can cause osteoporosis. My lupis is causing nerve damage in my legs and hands. Legs are numb to the knee. I fall down every once in awhile and thank goodness I haven't had much injury from it so far. But I know what it's like to fall and I feel for you. I hope you get better soon. Did you go see a doctor to see if your leg or wrist is broken?

I have a slipped disc in my back and usually when I fall, then I have to deal with the pain of muscle spasms in my back as well as whatever bumps and scrapes the fall brings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, I'm praying you are healing nicely. Please know that you are in my prayers.

The Raggedy Ann doll that you're making sounds adorable. Adri will surely love it! So glad you're able to spend time with your precious grandchildren!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!