Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

2 eyes? and pic cushion

Does anyone know why this needle has 2 eyes? 2 eyes? and pic cushion-pattern-013-jpg

this is a pin cushion I have 2 eyes? and pic cushion-pattern-012-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images 2 eyes? and pic cushion-pattern-011-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jean Marie, the only thing I can think of is for the person sewing to be able to use 2 different threads at the same time. If not, then not sure. Take care--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    I have needles like that with my knitting machines and are used to transfer stitches and to bind off with, very handy little tool.. Mine have eye at each end, does yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishjl View Post
    Hey Jean Marie, the only thing I can think of is for the person sewing to be able to use 2 different threads at the same time. If not, then not sure. Take care--Jan
    Hi! I'd think that it was just a handy large needle that you can use whichever size of thread in that you want, like yarn or sewing thread. Just my thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like
    [url]https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=active&q=use+of+two+eyed+sewing+needles[/url]

Maybe this will help a bit. Some are for sewing machines but I think there is a link to regular sewing needles.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like

dbe eye needle

Hi! I've done a little of just about every kind of hand worked needlepoint I know of and have never used or seen a double eyed one before, nor have I ever used 2 threads at once, but that does seem like a VERY nice option fro decorative embroidery. I have a lot of old needles but none dbl eyed... curious. I even got my collection of antiques out yesterday, none like that in them. It could possibly be a handy needle that you can use whichever size of thread in it that you want, like yarn or sewing thread. Just my thoughts, tho I could be wrong - I was once before

It appears that I've found something on the ones that look like Jean Marie's, it is used for double threading purposes which I've never done even once... a good thing to keep learning something new every day!

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0111438AALWaq0
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-05-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonO View Post
    I have needles like that with my knitting machines and are used to transfer stitches and to bind off with, very handy little tool.. Mine have eye at each end, does yours?
    Hi Sharon,
    No.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#s...sewing+needles

Maybe this will help a bit. Some are for sewing machines but I think there is a link to regular sewing needles.

Roe
    Hi, Thanks Roe. Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Hi! I've done a little of just about every kind of hand worked needlepoint I know of and have never used or seen a double eyed one before, nor have I ever used 2 threads at once, but that does seem like a VERY nice option fro decorative emroidery. I have a lot of old needles but none dbl eyed... curious. I even got my collection of antiques out yesterday, none like that in them. It could possibly be a handy needle that you can use whichever size of thread in it that you want, like yarn or sewing thread. Just my thoughts, tho I could be wrong - I was once before

It appears that I've found something on the ones that look like Jean Marie's! I guess we'll always learn something new every day..
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0111438AALWaq0
    Hi, Thanks Susan
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishjl View Post
    Hi Jan, Thanks.
    Jean Marie