Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

New Hobbies/Interests or Plans to Revisit Old Hobbies/Interests?

With a new season upon us, my mind turns to revisiting old hobbies/interests, starting new ones or just making it a habit to embrace a newly found interest.

Over the years, I've had many hobbies/interests. Now it's time for me to rediscover why they became a part of my life. In pursuit of adventures, I want my hobbies/interests to lead me to a higher level of knowledge and excitement!

Please join in the chat: sharing your hobbies/interests AND what you've discovered or plan to discover?

I'm ready to ZOOOOOOOOOOM, how about you?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to get back into fabric painting with tubes of paint and learning some new crafts like making candles, making native american things, working with clay

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have way too many hobbies as is! Here is a list of mine: Family history, quilting, crocheting, family activities, babysitting grandchildren, keeping my house in order, cooking, Church calling, attending the Temple, reading my scriptures everyday, helping those around me when I see the need! what more could I add to this list?
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 09-22-2015 at 07:27 PM.

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wanting to make a couple of new wreaths, one for my front door and maybe one for my kitchen or bedroom. I have all the stuff to make a wreath out of large spools of mesh ribbon. I'm a huge Auburn football fan and want to make a big mesh wreath in orange and navy, the school's colors.

Shelley

7. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    I would like to get back into fabric painting with tubes of paint and learning some new crafts like making candles, making native american things, working with clay
    Thank for sharing Sonnetta! Please keep us posted on what you're doing. I used to do fabric painting also. Candle making sounds like fun along with making native american things and working with clay. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    I have way too many hobbies as is! Here is a list of mine: Family history, quilting, crocheting, family activities, babysitting grandchildren, keeping my house in order, cooking, Church calling, attending the Temple, reading my scriptures everyday, helping those around me when I see the need! what more could I add to this list?
    Donna, having varied interests does make life fulfilling. I'm sure there will be more to add as time marches on! Please keep us posted. I'm continually adding/revisiting my list of hobbies and interests. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 09-25-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I'm wanting to make a couple of new wreaths, one for my front door and maybe one for my kitchen or bedroom. I have all the stuff to make a wreath out of large spools of mesh ribbon. I'm a huge Auburn football fan and want to make a big mesh wreath in orange and navy, the school's colors.

Shelley
    Awww...Shelley, wreath-making is so much fun! I've made a few myself. The ones you'll be making sound like real beauties! Keep us posted about what you're doing. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    My lastest interest is meal planning/preparation. Translation: cooking! It was a hobby of mine for two years and I am revisiting this hobby. I am already discovering the benefits of portion control and I'll eat many more veggies and fruits by meal planning.

My hobbies/interest include experiencing new places, foods and culture, travel(far and near), Enjoying Life, learning, interior decorating, fashion, exercising, gardening,God, church activities keeping a planner and journaling. This is just a starter list! Family and friends and all that entails is MAJOR in my life.

~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    My lastest interest is meal planning/preparation. Translation: cooking! It was a hobby of mine for two years and I am revisiting this hobby. I am already discovering the benefits of portion control and I'll eat many more veggies and fruits by meal planning.

My hobbies/interest include experiencing new places, foods and culture, travel(far and near), Enjoying Life, learning, interior decorating, fashion, exercising, gardening,God, church activities keeping a planner and journaling. This is just a starter list! Family and friends and all that entails is MAJOR in my life.

~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose~
    I loved reading what you're interested in butterflyrose! Whenever I learn a new skill or accomplish a big project it gives me satisfaction! One more thing I need to do is paint some rooms in our house. We finished remodeling our kitchen which was a really big deal. We had to reorganize our storage room before we even considered starting our kitchen. Our faith teaches us to keep a years supply of food if possible for any emergencies that might come. We hadn't rotated our food for a long time. We had to throw out a lot of food because of not rotating our food storage. After reorganizing our room it is so much easier to see what we have and what we need to replace! there is little waste now which makes me so happy!
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 09-26-2015 at 05:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I can think of one more hobby that I want to get into more and that is making amigurumi's! I've made a few items but I'm certainly not an accomplished ami maker at this time in my life! I've copied patterns and filled several books of ami items so does that count?