Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

pickleball

Well, I do have one new interest and that's pickleball! what a fun sport! our church has installed three pickleball courts in two church buildings and it's so much fun! We have bought our own paddles and balls and got good shoes to play and my husband and I play every week! It is one of the things that I look forward to every week! Yay for fun exersize!

2. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I'm wanting to make a couple of new wreaths, one for my front door and maybe one for my kitchen or bedroom. I have all the stuff to make a wreath out of large spools of mesh ribbon. I'm a huge Auburn football fan and want to make a big mesh wreath in orange and navy, the school's colors.

Shelley
    Hi Shelley,
    I don't know how you make the wreaths but a few years ago the girls in our family got together and made wreaths. We used to get together before Christmas and make something. The wreaths were made from clothes hangers- had to be a wire one, couldn't be a cloth hanger. You get 150 or more sandwhich baggies without the ziplock and tie the bags around the hanger and then fluff and space the bags and you can put a few small ornaments on it and a bow and then you can hang it up.

I was thinking of doing more Iris Folding. Has anyone ever tried doing that Punch Embroidery? I tried and couldn't figure it out. Oh, I got it to work a little bit but then I couldn't figure it out. Does anybody do Tatting? I have a video on that if anyone wants it. I might do some knitting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Well, I do have one new interest and that's pickleball! what a fun sport! our church has installed three pickleball courts in two church buildings and it's so much fun! We have bought our own paddles and balls and got good shoes to play and my husband and I play every week! It is one of the things that I look forward to every week! Yay for fun exersize!
    Donna,
    Your ankle is better then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, those wreaths made of sandwich bags sound so cute. What an idea! I could imagine doing one full of Christmas candy ornaments.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Donna,
    Your ankle is better then?
    Yes it is and I'm thrilled! although my other ankle started to hurt for a week, but now it's better also. thanks for asking Jean!

Post Thanks / Like
    More hobbies/interests...

Reading and homemaking are included! I also have a new violin which my younger daughter gifted me a few months ago because I'm interested in learning to play the violin.

~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Ok, I can think of one more hobby that I want to get into more and that is making amigurumi's! I've made a few items but I'm certainly not an accomplished ami maker at this time in my life! I've copied patterns and filled several books of ami items so does that count?
    Donna, everything counts. I have more patterns than I can ever expect to complete at least once. I do, however, go back to tried and true ones over and over. I have a binder of pics of blankets I've made and when I offer one, I usually hand over the binder and then they choose.

I recently took out my sewing machine, mostly to go to my aunt's house and alter a dress she needed to wear to a wedding. I realized that I missed sewing. Last week I had to attach a bunch of patches on my grandson's cub scout shirt. Not so much fun, but now I'm making some valances for my kitchen.

I thing it's funny that we seem to be posting at the same time. I guess we're drawn to the same topics.

Blessing to you, DonnaMarie

Post Thanks / Like
    I love interior decorating as a hobby. I've done some fall decorating in my kitchen and family room. With more to do! Each year as I decorate for each season, I discover a new and different way to use my decor.

I'm having FUN!~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently while out shopping, I bought the two of the cutest purple glitter pumpkins and a silver glitter pumpkin to add to my collection of orange pumpkins in my fall decorating display. Some evenings, I light the scented candles in pear, mulled spice and pumpkin spice to complete the ambience of fall. Simply delightful! It's the perfect setting for a relaxing evening with my family.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Weekly Planner...a hobby

Lately, I've been decorating my planner for the coming weeks. This week I used a color scheme of green, pink, gold and white. Using glitter paper, washi tape, stickers, embellishments along with word messages and decorated clips, my planner is very inviting. I enjoy discovering different ways to create a delightful way to plan for the future!

Next week's color scheme is pink, black and cream. I've used pink arrow post-its, mini sheet music page, pink mini banner saying "fabulous", rose pink rose/green leaves, chair sticker, party dress card(I decorated with pink marker, silver glue glitter, pink stones), washi tape with a rose print and a cream pocket envelope that I decorated with zebra print tape. Inside the pocket envelope is a sheet of staionery with pretty yellow sunflowers on it. And a pink polka dot and a rose pink binder clip to secure items! I shaded some sections with pink glitter glue. What fun it is to decorate my planner!