Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgetting Why You Bought Something

Hi,
    I bought a 5 lb. bag of self-rising flour and used some of it ( maybe a few cups?) and I'm pretty sure I wanted to make it again but not just right then. I looked at some recipes and can't find any w/self-rising flour.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi,
    I bought a 5 lb. bag of self-rising flour and used some of it ( maybe a few cups?) and I'm pretty sure I wanted to make it again but not just right then. I looked at some recipes and can't find any w/self-rising flour.
    Jean Marie
    Take a look at some of the recipes using self-rising flour at this link, Jean Marie. You may find some that appeal to you. Scroll down the page at the link for the recipes.

Self-Rising Flour | King Arthur Flour

I buy some things from King Arthur but not their flour because they have King Arthur Flour products at my regular grocery store. The King Arthur website is a baker's dream place. They have so many other things I can't find here.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about Googling self-rising flour recipes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Poinciana for the link and Thanks Imalefty I just might do that. I did find a recipe that I made that called for self-rising flour.
    Jean Marie

The recipe also called for toasted wheat germ. I couldn't find any in the store so I substituted and bought Co Co Wheats creamy hot cereal. It's something like Cream of Wheat. Oh, it was a Apple Banana Bread.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-17-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again,Jean-Marie! I just googled self rising flour recipes. Wow! Lots of them. From Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, so many. I just might have to buy some myself! Happy Baking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi imalefty! You can make your own self rising flour.