Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

stranded at top of a ladder!

Hi everyone! I thought today would be a good time to go out and get a few more pictures of the little kittens. ...WRONG!!!

My son and family went half way to Arkansas to pick up the 2 children that were visiting with their grandparents.....both families left yesterday and met half way and spent the night at a motel with a pool and had fun and then drove home today. My 4 grandkids are at home now.

I drove out to my son's house and took my tablet for the pictures. I got there and Toby(the dog) was loose from the run and he has gotten out of his halter and he is so big now that I can't handle him. He came running and I thought I could make him stop jumping up but I couldn't. He has grown so much and was so excited to see someone come to the house that he was in no condition for me to handle. This is the puppy I posted some time ago when they first got him. Now he is a giant of a dog! I think they said he is a lab.
    I made the mistake of getting out of the car and he was all over me wanting to jump on me and play I know, but I finally got to the step ladder where the kittens were. I got to the top of the ladder and I was trapped there! I wasn't about to try to get back to the car so I just sat there on the top of the ladder. I called my son to see how close to home they were...about 2 hours out!!! Well, I said I would stay put .I could watch the kittens from the top of the ladder and it was right against the box of kittens so I wasn't too uncomfortable ...not yet anyway. And Toby didn't try to jump on the step ladder or climb up. But he was so excited and he raced around in circles thru the open shelter over the carport and slid once running so fast I thought he was going to fall on his behind!
    So I sat there... and I sat there and watched him. Finally he started to calm down and wandered out into the yard a ways and i quickly and carefully started down the ladder keeping my eyes on him, and walked behind a 4x8 sheet of plywood where he couldn't see me and made it to the car. I hopped in and then he was there! Paws on the window and then on the front of the car and around and around the car. (Reminds me of the movie Cujo .has anyone seen that one? ... except Toby just wanted to play. I thought I could drive out of the driveway but ..no ..he followed me and I was afraid he might try to follow me all the way home and end up being hit by another car. So I just turned around and went back and waited till my son and family got home.about an hour and half later or less.
    Then I did get some pictures of the kittens. I have a big scratch down the back of my right leg and a big bruise on the front of it where he was jumping on me. And yes he did draw some blood... not a whole lot but the scratch is about 3 inches long. I am posting a picture of Toby so you can see how big he has gotten now....and a few more pictures of Charlotte (momma cat) and the kittens. Mark put the kittens in an empty plastic kiddie pool and she even nurses them. They acted like they were starving. They were crying when I was sitting on the ladder. Toby saw her when I was up on the ladder and he went after her and chased her off for a while. It is hard to tell when she had nursed them last because I dont know how long he had been loose. I'm sure he had been tied before noon Saturday when they left. What a day I have had!stranded at top of a ladder!-img_20150726_183146-jpgstranded at top of a ladder!-img_20150726_185614-jpgstranded at top of a ladder!-dsc06855-jpgstranded at top of a ladder!-img_20150726_185534-jpgstranded at top of a ladder!-img_20150726_185649-jpg

There is a picture of Toby as a puppy and one I took today. He isn't thru growing yet! then the others are of the kittens and Charlotte nursing all 7 kittens. She really looks miserable doesn't she. Poor momma! Can't tell where one kitten ends and another one begins. I didn't count the teats but she doesn't have enough for all to eat at the same time but they sure try to. I hope the two little ones are getting enough.

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgive me while I die laughing! Maybe not funny while it was happening but just the thing you can laugh about later!

Great photos. That is a big dog. He was so happy to see you. Love the babies, they are so cute.

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Forgive me while I die laughing! Maybe not funny while it was happening but just the thing you can laugh about later!

Great photos. That is a big dog. He was so happy to see you. Love the babies, they are so cute.
    Yes I think it is funny now too.... me on the top of the ladder...and Toby so excited to see someone..anyone.. and him just finally making himself cozy.j.ust lying there at the bottom of the ladder... and if a dog can smile I am sure he was just watching me squirm at the top of the ladder with a silly grin on his face. . I guess I really didn't have to sit there too long after he either went to the bathroom at the far side of the yard or decided to just wander around the yard for just enough time for me to scramble down the ladder to the car! My son asked me if I had a speaker on my phone and he talked to Toby and told him to sit down which he did for about a minute with me still at the top of that crazy ladder. Then he got so excited he ran in circles for a few minutes. I think he was running faster than my car goes.! I hope Mark trains him to mind better before I am asked to do anything with him. I know he is still a puppy ad did't mean to hurt me but I can't play with him like he wants me to. I wish I had a video of all that happened while I was trying to get to the ladder. I tried to scare him away by whipping a big pastic bag at him which was totally useless but all that I had. Not funny at the time but it is now!!

Post Thanks / Like

Faye read this!

Hey Faye, look for my post called "stranded at the top of a ladder!" Just type that in on the advanced search line at the top right of the page. You will get a laugh at it I think! Love, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    So I have one question! did you have a crochet project while waiting in the car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Hon, this was too funny! I don't know if you will be admitted to the club since there was no ambulance or ER in your story. Maybe you will have to wait until it costs you hundreds of dollars to get over the injury????? LOL Take care of my second Mama!! love

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I love your animals
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Patty you are so lucky that dog didn't knock over the ladder.
    That poor ole Momma Cat looks miserable nursing them. They might be old enough to eat a little bit of soft catfood. In case the little ones aren't getting enough milk. Take care.

12. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    So I have one question! did you have a crochet project while waiting in the car?
    Unfortunately, no I didn't.I didn't even have a magazine to look at. And I had to keep the air on or
    roll the window down which I didn't dare do or Toby would try to lick me to death or climb in the window! So I sat there and sweated it out. At least there was a shady spot on the drive way!.I wonder if they broke any speed limits to get home in about an hour or less. It gets funnier to me every time I read it. I can relate my story to Stephen King's "CUJO", remember that one?love,Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Hey Hon, this was too funny! I don't know if you will be admitted to the club since there was no ambulance or ER in your story. Maybe you will have to wait until it costs you hundreds of dollars to get over the injury????? LOL Take care of my second Mama!! love
    Yeah you can laugh your head off daughter! Even I can laugh at myself now. Thank God he didn't try to c!imb the ladder or he would have probably left me hanging by my fingernails at the top of the kitty box! Oh woe is me!!!Ha Ha Ha!!!! Love ya all,Patty

PS I only wish I had a video of that episode...whipping that stupid plastic bag at him as
    I was trying to get him away from me when I was trying to get to the step ladder! That. bag was totally useless!
    Last edited by redhead; 08-09-2015 at 03:00 PM.