Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Answer

Post Thanks / Like

Answer

I would like an answer to my question that I submitted to the Administrator concerning
    the status of a thread, particularly since the "General Chit Chat" description says talk about
    anything your heart desires. If indeed the threads and all responses were pulled, then perhaps you may wish to
    change the category description since it would appear that the folks were, indeed, talking
    about what their heart desired.

I'm sure, as Administrator, you can choose to do whatever you wish, despite the category "description", but common courtesy seems to dictate that it would be appropriate to respond to a question from your member.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ;think Barbara is doing a wonderful job. Toffee I don't quite understand what your saying. It is just a thread where we don't have to just talk about crocheting--anything we want. We can visit this thread or not--it is everyones option. It really helps alot of people to get things off their chest. Ask for prayer. But nobody makes anyone look at the thread or agree with it. It is like having neighbors on line. Some like it and some don't. The ones that don't usually go away.

3. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Susie,

Sorry I was not clear. I do agree with you 100% in regards to people visiting/not visiting, commenting, etc.

My question was simply why did they pull the thread that I'm referring to when folks were merely giving their opinions. (The thread had to do with new law passed in the U.S.)

I sit and read all kinds of good threads here and enjoy this forum a lot, but in this case, I am trying to understand. I did not start the initial thread but I responded to it, and was following along with the other responses.

I actually stumbled across the thread being pulled accidentally when I received an email notice that someone else had responded to the thread. I went to look at it, and lo and behold, it was all gone. System error or an intentional pull of the thread with all the responses due to controversy?

Again, sorry if I was unclear. Not casting stones at anyone. Just a question that I felt deserved an answer and none was forthcoming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I guess I didn't notice that. I am going to take a closer look. Again sorry.

6. Thanks Toffee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning,

Here are some answers to your questions:

Yes, the general chat section of the forums is for many discussions not related to crochet. And, normally most threads are approved which are posted in the section unless they are spam posts. The only other time a thread may be unapproved is if the thread may cause discord within the forum community.

The topic of the new law being passed is a very controversial subject right now in many places. There are those who strongly disagree with the law and there are those who strongly agree with the law. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and personal beliefs.

The thread was not removed to make anyone feel like they could not express their opinions. Simply put, there were concerns about the thread becoming a debate and it was removed to prevent possible discord between community members. It was not done to penalize anyone, simply a safeguard for now.

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask and I will be more than happy to oblige.

Post Thanks / Like
    No further questions. All I ever wanted was an answer so thank you for finally responding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffee View Post
    No further questions. All I ever wanted was an answer so thank you for finally responding.
    I am on the forums everyday. Sometimes the times may vary when I am on. I am not able to read every single post made in the forums, so if you ever need me directly, please send me a private message. Thanks!