Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful sweater Faye...you ladies do such beautiful work...I look forward to my visits with all of you...have a grt evening

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Faye,
    I am so sorry to hear about all of your health problems and your wreck. Glad you are on the mend and back here on CT. We have missed you!!
    Your sweater is beautiful! Thanks for posting the photo.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have missed you Faye and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Your sweater is so pretty and beautiful work.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to hear from you! Hope you are getting better each day. So sorry to hear about your accident. You have been through so much this year. I hope & pray the rest of the year gets better for you. The sweater is very pretty, good job!! Hugs, Katie
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye it is so good to see you in here. We all missed you!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye my friend, I'm so happy to see you posting again. I've been praying for your recovery and missed you so very much!!! I'm glad you're doing better! My God u sure had a trip in your truck. God was with u then. I just wish that I lived closer to u so I could help u out a little. You have had a couple of bad years Faye, but I see a light at the end of the tunnel for you. All of this will be over with soon I'm positive!!! Take care and I'll phone you soon!! Love, Betty Lynn
    Ps... I love the sweater! You're still a great hooker Faye!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, it is so wonderful to see you back again. I missed seeing you on. I am so sorry to hear about all that you have been through and I will continue to pray for you my dear friend. I love the sweater you made. You do such beautiful work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye with an "e"!!!! It is so good to see you on CT again. I have missed you soooo much! I hope you will be out of that cast (shell?) really soon. I gotta say it again SHOUT IT OUT!!! IT IS SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!!I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!
    You used to talk about having depression so much..... I had never been depressed ...until about a week ago it hit me like a bull-dozer! I had a total breakdown at church a week ago. I went because I needed to go but didn't take part in the service and by the end of it I asked if we could please sing "Hold To God's Unchanging Hand" before we let the service out? Well that did it for me... I completely caved in. There wasn't very many there that night but they all gathered around me and asked me what was wrong and prayed for me.
    Part of it is my little dog. He only weighs 6 1/2 lbs and turned 15 this past April. I don't know how much longer I could look after him and I think he had a seziere (sp sorry) a while back. He is getting pretty deaf and going blind too. I can't keep his area cleaned up any more and it has been smelling pretty bad too. I can't smell now so I didn't realize how bad it was until my son came from Arkansas for the RainRide. I asked John about the odor and he admitted it was terrible when I asked him about it . One of the men told me at church that he would take Perky to the Vet if and when I am ready. But a couple days later Perky seemed to really perk up and I have a friend who loves dogs and she and her husband both volunteered to take him home with them and take care of him. I can go visit him when ever I want to and they brought him over the other evening for a visit with me. He has too much life in him for me to put him down yet.
    To make a long story short... He is still my dog and I have the say-so over him. They are so nice to do this for me. I do miss him.
    That isn't all that was bothering me but I will tell you more some other time. I am feeling better now and I really am glad to see you are back. Your sweater is really pretty. Your adopted "mama" love ya, Patty

PS I forgot to tell you I am having a shot in my back for pain Friday at 11:30 .
    Last edited by redhead; 07-29-2015 at 04:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys make me feel so good. I will try to post on here more. Patty, I love hearing from you. I still consider you my second Mama. If all the new members knew how good it feels to hear from old friends they would be posting all the time. I am crocheting very little but I still like seeing what ya'll are doing. I can't wear the sweaters I have made since I have lost 94 pounds after the gastric bypass surgery I had in January. I am through making clothes as I never like what I make. Take care and hopefully you will see me on here more. love and hugs

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Most of you do not know me but for those that do I am updating you on my health. This has been a hard year for me. I had a pulmonary embolism on the Saturday before Mother's Day and I was in the hospital for 4 days. I was home from Tuesday to Monday when I passed out and had a truck wreck. I was alone with my dogs and I ran off the road into a ditch and then a culvert and the truck almost flipped it was leaning over with wheels in the air. My face must have hit the steering wheel so it was badly bruised and I hit my head causing 2 large bumps. At the ER they found a brain bleed between the lobes and a broken back at T-12 and a broken pelvis. It was hard and I had surgery to repair the spine but I am home and recovering. I have worn a turtle shell brace but I am in a less restrictive one now. I have to wear the brace for 2 more months. I am still crocheting but I haven't finished the sweater I am working on. I am going to make sandals for my niece that is expecting a girl. Love to all my old friends and hello to the new ones.

Prayers for a complete recovery and compliments on a beautiful sweater.