Thanks Thanks:  87
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Husband has cancer

Hi crochet friends,

I have not been by for a little while. (I peek now & then!) December hubby had bypass surgery & that is when they found the mass in his right lung. All kinds of tests & biopsy, hospital stays have happened. He is not a happy camper. Does not like going to the Dr.'s or taking meds. He is getting radiation & chemo. He was so sick Thursday when he went to hospital for treatment they didn't do them. Did a blood culture and x-ray. They said his white cell count was very low so must have an infection. They put him on antibiotics. Plenty of fluids and rest. He goes back Tuesday. I hope he is feeling better by then.
    I work full time so I don't go with him but we have a good friend that comes & takes him. I worry so much & I see changes in him. He gets confused at times. I'm glad he does not have to drive himself there. Thank the Lord for friends that are always willing to help no matter what time it is!
    I am working on three different crochet projects for others. Doilies for my sister, a baby outfit for a co-workers grandbaby & an afghan for another co-workers daughters wedding. I hope I can get them all done and done right! LOL
    Thanks for listening.
    Katie
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lifting your family up in prayer, special prayer for your husband. It's good you have crochet to keep you occupied, and to keep your brain counting stitches.
    ---HarriEtta

3. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Katie, I'm so sorry to hear that your husband is going through all this. Cancer is such a horrible disease to have to deal with. My heart is with him, and you too. I'm glad you've got your crochet to keep your hands and mind busy. It's one of the best therapies around.

Shelley

5. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry about your husband. The Chemo causes the confusion and laps of memory. They call it Chemo Brain. I had never heard of it before until a friend had cancer and she told me about it. Will be praying for both of you.

7. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dustygirl,
    Sorry to hear that your husband has cancer.

9. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dustygirl my husband had lung cancer too. It was from second hand smoke from co-workers. Take care. I will pray for you both.

11. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praying for you, your husband and your support group.

13. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear the bad news. Will be praying for you and hubby. God will keep you strong and see that get everything completed in time for you friends. Keep smiling and your friend will keep praying.
    Mary Louise

15. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I figured it was due to the treatments. Thank you for saying as such. I know when Mom had cancer they said she could act different than the norm. He is still feeling bad and had a fever today. Refuses to go to the hospital. They had said if not better to bring him back, but I knew that would not happen. Still coughing and running to the bathroom. He scared me the other night because I heard him coughing then a loud bang. I went to see and he had sat up in the recliner to cough. The footrest was up and as he leaned forward the chair tipped forward & he went on the floor. He was alright, thank goodness.
    I thank you all for the prayers and thoughts! Katie
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear about your husband, My Dad had lung cancer and I took him to his treatments. It was very hard and frustrating for my Dad not to be in control of his body or health. Its a tough time to see a family member go through pain and not be able to either fix it or to be there 24 / 7. I crocheted a baby sweater while I took him to his treatments, it kept me calm. I think about that sweater a lot. My heart is with you and your husband. Take care of yourself.

18. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post