Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I'm Back!!!! And still settling in!!

Hi everyone. Well, I finally made it to NC and actually drove down all by myself from NY (stayed overnight in VA to break up the drive, took me two days) and was here by the end of August. Spent a few nights in a local hotel since I treated myself to a new king size bed and I had to wait an extra day for delivery, only because my real estate agent was taking me to get appliances (had to be reimbursed for a new fridge since the sellers inadvertently took the one that was supposed to have been left as per the contract. But actually, I like the one I bought better since it has a top freezer and they had one with a bottom freezer). Anyway, I officially moved in on Sept. 3 but just got internet, phone service and cable on Sept. 25. At least I had my cell phone for calls and internet but it is not the same. The iphone6+, while a bit larger, is not the same as my laptop and desktop. LOL. And at my age I need a bigger screen to see, LOL!!!

What little furniture I took and all the other stuff I brought was not delivered until Sept. 11. I had packed up my Xterra with the basics I would need to stay in the hotel and then my house so I was good for a while.

Now I am slowly (and I mean slowly) still unpacking boxes and putting things away. Then I decide I don't like them where I put them and take them out and re-arrange again. Need to buy living room furniture, which will take a while since I want a turquoise couch and loveseat (am on the coastal part of NC) so I am playing up the tropical theme in many parts of the house. I have palm trees in my front yard and banana trees (though I was told I won't get bananas) in my backyard. I also need a dining room set, gave away my one in NY since it would not have looked good here. Fortunately, the kitchen, which overlooks the great room has that counter so I bought swivel bar stools with backs and put them together myself so I can sit and eat. It is only me so I am good to go.

Eventually, I will unpack the yarn and everything else I took with me but for now, I just have to wait till I get more settled in. I will be back and forth on CT more now. Just wanted to check in and say hi.

See you all soon. Have a great day.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to hear from you Roe! Sounds like you have been very busy! Hope you get everything done over time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad you got moved in and like your place. I wish you all the happiness in the world at this phase of your life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe, so happy to see you back on CT !!!! Glad your move is over except for the unpacking. Like you said it's just you so take your time we don't want any injuries. I'm sure you will have fun decorating your new home. Take care love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe, I'm happy to hear you made it to NC and that you're getting settled in to your new place. This has been an exciting adventure for you. Decorating your new house sounds like so much fun! Before you know it, all the unpacking will be done and you'll be out and about, making new friends.

Let's keep in touch, okay?

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe! I'm so glad that you had a safe trip. You're making great progress in your new home. As the saying goes, "There's No Place Like Home!" Your decor is going to be simply gorgeous. Please keep us posted! Enjoy the wonderful journey!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all. It is fun looking for home decor and new furniture. Some of the cutest little things I found were in the local Goodwill, there is one just about a mile from my house. The one thing I don't have to do is paint (other than small accent pieces I brought from NY) is any of the rooms. I actually love all the colors they had (which is surprising since a couple were not colors I normally went for) but they just work. I have found an AC Moore and Joanns, which are relatively close to each other but not the Hobby Lobby just yet. Know it is around somewhere, haven't gotten that far yet.

So I will be keeping everyone posted. While I downsized a lot of personal stuff and furniture, I didn't downsize the size of the house. I went from a small 897sf home on 75'by100' to a 2312sf home on nearly 1/2 acre and it is only me living in it. Most people downsize, however, I am not most people, LOL. But actually, I am keeping it more minimal this time around.

Hope everyone has a great day. It has been raining on and off for the past few days which is okay with me since I am still doing inside stuff and have had deliveries and workmen in the house all week. Now my washer is singing to me that the cycle is done, now I have to put it in the dryer (which will also sing when it is done).

Take care, see you soon.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    God bless Roe. Take care and wish you good health and happiness

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Thank you all. It is fun looking for home decor and new furniture. Some of the cutest little things I found were in the local Goodwill, there is one just about a mile from my house. The one thing I don't have to do is paint (other than small accent pieces I brought from NY) is any of the rooms. I actually love all the colors they had (which is surprising since a couple were not colors I normally went for) but they just work. I have found an AC Moore and Joanns, which are relatively close to each other but not the Hobby Lobby just yet. Know it is around somewhere, haven't gotten that far yet.

So I will be keeping everyone posted. While I downsized a lot of personal stuff and furniture, I didn't downsize the size of the house. I went from a small 897sf home on 75'by100' to a 2312sf home on nearly 1/2 acre and it is only me living in it. Most people downsize, however, I am not most people, LOL. But actually, I am keeping it more minimal this time around.

Hope everyone has a great day. It has been raining on and off for the past few days which is okay with me since I am still doing inside stuff and have had deliveries and workmen in the house all week. Now my washer is singing to me that the cycle is done, now I have to put it in the dryer (which will also sing when it is done).

Take care, see you soon.

Roe
    Hey Roe, I'm so glad you're enjoying your beautiful new home! Gosh 2300 sf is really big lol. I hope you don't get hit by Hurricane Joaquin. I'll be thinking of you this coming weekend.

I love buying used furniture! My mom will be here on Sunday to help me get moved in a few weeks, and there are several used furniture consignment stores we want to go to. One has high-end furniture, beautiful stuff. Another is a store that sells painted antique furniture. They have so many pretty and unique pieces. I need a different kitchen table and chairs, and tables for my living room. I can't wait to get out there and start looking. It's gonna be so much FUN!!

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear from you
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן