Thanks Thanks:  87
Likes Likes:  14
Page 13 of 13 First ... 3111213
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alex is sooo cute!!! I agree that it was good for you to be at the funeral, in spite of wanting to get home. These are the things in life that really matter to people. Glad you are safely home!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

2. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all So much, for listening to me . I thank you for your encouragement and advice through all of this heartbreak. I still can't believe it is all true. I went back to work today. After work I went right to the Chiropractor! LOL Too much bending, lifting & loading. Life must go on but I will miss the hugs, I love you's & the laughter. The long talks with my niece and her quirky humor! I will miss my sister not being here in the winter & the holiday times together. I can only hope things change for the better.
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Oh my gosh, I am so very sorry for the loss of your niece. You've gone through so much in a very short time. I'm sending out prayers of peace for you and your family.

Hugs,
    Shelley
    Dear Dustygirl! I am way late in finding out what you have been through! So sorry that your niece has passed away! Hope your life is getting back to normal! You will see your niece again and she is in a good place!

5. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got home safe. I hope things go well for Alex. Take care and remember to do some nice things for yourself. God Bless you.

7. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustygirl View Post
    The service was very nice. There was quite a few people there. Friends & family. My sister was not able to make because of her daughter being in ICU with double pneumonia, the cause unknown. She was not doing good. I got the bad news that her body was shutting down. We had a small gathering at my girlfriends after the service. I needed to go to Toledo ASAP. I waited to long to leave. I was almost there when when they told me she had passed. I am an emotional wreck! She was my best friend, daughte & niece rolled into one. She was only 50. They had done emergency surgery & found a bowel blockage. There was a tear in the bowel & the stomach was gangrene. There was nothing they could do. She had been complaining for some time, in & out of hospital. This could have been prevented.
    The service is on Friday at 1:00 I had planned on leaving that morning to return home. I'm suppose to be at work on Monday . My girlfriend that is with me has to work Monday night. We wanted to be home by Sunday to rest up. If we stay for service I can make it back but not much rest for me. I'm so distraught. I hurt for my sister. My niece had custody & was raising her grandson, he's 9. I'm worried about what will happen to him. Long story short his parents are no good.
    I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you (((HUGS))) and praying God will give you comfort and strength in the days ahead.

9. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, my husband was also recently diagnosed with cancer. I had bee after him for a year to see a Dr but he wouldn't go. By the time I got him to his Dr I wasn't surprised when he was admitted through the ER diagnoed with leukemia in critical condition. Had he waited a few more days he would have died of kidney failure . I haven't posted here for a very long time but pop I from time to time. My husband is lucky his leukemia is "treatable" a type called Cronic Lymphatic Leukemia. He will have it the rest of his life though they will be able to "hopefully " put it in remission for periods of time. I understand what you are going through. My husband also gets confused from the chemo though he doesn't realize it. Sending prayers your way If you ever need to talk feel free to IM me.

Monica

11. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post