Thanks Thanks:  87
Likes Likes:  14
Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dustygirl,
    You might want to check out a Christian Bookstore if there's one near you. I got a book called Letters From Heaven. It's a book for those who are grieving. They probably have other books too on losing a loved one. I'm not grieving now although I do miss my Mom. Sometimes more than other times. I have my moments. Although I did read from that book a couple of times recently but I don't need to read it now. I thought I'd finish the book but it's not a book that you have to finish just read it when you need to.
    Love, Jean Marie♥ and Hugs

2. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree with Jean Marie. If you are a member of Lutheran Brotherhood or Thrivent, they have material that they give out that may help in the healing process and step by step process as to what to do when a loved one leaves us. Good luck my dear.

4. Likes Dustygirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The service was very nice. There was quite a few people there. Friends & family. My sister was not able to make because of her daughter being in ICU with double pneumonia, the cause unknown. She was not doing good. I got the bad news that her body was shutting down. We had a small gathering at my girlfriends after the service. I needed to go to Toledo ASAP. I waited to long to leave. I was almost there when when they told me she had passed. I am an emotional wreck! She was my best friend, daughte & niece rolled into one. She was only 50. They had done emergency surgery & found a bowel blockage. There was a tear in the bowel & the stomach was gangrene. There was nothing they could do. She had been complaining for some time, in & out of hospital. This could have been prevented.
    The service is on Friday at 1:00 I had planned on leaving that morning to return home. I'm suppose to be at work on Monday . My girlfriend that is with me has to work Monday night. We wanted to be home by Sunday to rest up. If we stay for service I can make it back but not much rest for me. I'm so distraught. I hurt for my sister. My niece had custody & was raising her grandson, he's 9. I'm worried about what will happen to him. Long story short his parents are no good.
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustygirl View Post
    The service was very nice. There was quite a few people there. Friends & family. My sister was not able to make because of her daughter being in ICU with double pneumonia, the cause unknown. She was not doing good. I got the bad news that her body was shutting down. We had a small gathering at my girlfriends after the service. I needed to go to Toledo ASAP. I waited to long to leave. I was almost there when when they told me she had passed. I am an emotional wreck! She was my best friend, daughte & niece rolled into one. She was only 50. They had done emergency surgery & found a bowel blockage. There was a tear in the bowel & the stomach was gangrene. There was nothing they could do. She had been complaining for some time, in & out of hospital. This could have been prevented.
    The service is on Friday at 1:00 I had planned on leaving that morning to return home. I'm suppose to be at work on Monday . My girlfriend that is with me has to work Monday night. We wanted to be home by Sunday to rest up. If we stay for service I can make it back but not much rest for me. I'm so distraught. I hurt for my sister. My niece had custody & was raising her grandson, he's 9. I'm worried about what will happen to him. Long story short his parents are no good.
    Oh my gosh, I am so very sorry for the loss of your niece. You've gone through so much in a very short time. I'm sending out prayers of peace for you and your family.

Hugs,
    Shelley

7. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry for your loss again, Dustygirl. My prayers are with you! So glad you have your friend with you. Stay safe traveling. I'm beyond words for you and am grieving with you. Hugs and prayers, Linda

9. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH, Dustygirl, you have been through so much. Will be praying for you and your whole Family.

11. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dustygirl Katie,
    May God comfort you.
    Jean Marie

13. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got the storage unit emptied today & the trailer is loaded and ready to go. I am so wore out & tired, I have not been sleeping well with all the stress, I guess. My sister wants me to come to Toledo on Thursday and spend a little time with her. She has taken this very hard, as is to be expected. The services are on Friday for her daughter. I really shouldn't stay for the service, it's at 1:00pm. The viewing is 11:00-1:00. That will put me on the road later than I need to be. My sister & her husband have decided to take custody of my nieces grandson. He really has no where else to go. They will have to sell their place here in Florida because it's a 55+ park. We always looked forward to the time together. If they can get it sold they might get another where Alex could be with them. Then he could go to school in Florida and they can go back to Ohio in the summer. I like that idea! My sister does, also. Her husband suggested this. If not I will truly miss them. I will be alone. I will stop in Ft Wayne and see my oldest son on my way to Ohio. I hope I have better weather going back then coming up. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Dustygirl, sometimes working helps, hope it will help you sleep. Stay safe on the roads. My prayers are with you and your family. Hopefully everything will fall into place for your sister and her family. And you can all be within a decent driving distance. Enjoy your time with your son! Good weather wishes for you. God bless you and take care of yourself. Hugs and prayers!!! Linda

16. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, Thank You! I hope it all works out for the best. My sister is 70 and has her own health issues. Nothing really major but very painful and problematic at times. Alex is ADHD and takes meds. He is a wonderful & polite boy. But, he is a little boy and full of energy! LOL If they were closer to me I could help with him. He told my sister "It's been a bad year. I lost my dog Daisy, then Uncle Don and now my Mom." Alex and Lorie lived with my husband & I for a little while. I hope it all works out for the best.