Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like

The Passing of Winnie's Sister, Laura

Hello everyone,

It is with a very sad heart that I have to tell you all that Linda Hughes' (aka Winnie) twin sister, Laura has passed away this evening at 8:05 pm.

She had developed sepsis while in Villasprings. They took her to the ER on Friday. Her oxygen levels were low and her blood pressure was low too. Yesterday, the Dr. told Laura that she was in the end stage of her lung disease. They were having a hard time keeping her oxygen level up. Today, Winnie texted me that Laura might die today or tomorrow.

Then, I received a text from her at 9 pm that Laura passed away. She asked me to post this so all of you would know. She said she just isn't able to do it right now. On Winnie's behalf, I thank each of you who have been praying for Laura and her.

If you'd like to send Winnie a card, here is her address.

Linda Hughes
    7673 Catawba Lane, Apt. 3
    Florence, KY. 41042

Thank you,
    Love, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

2. Thanks Ladyella, Susan2014, little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my. Thank you for Linda's address. I lost my sister, too, some time ago. The pain never goes away; it just gets easier to bear. Praying.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for posting her address. I lost my younger brother (and only sibling) in 2007 and while the pain will always be there, it does lessen over time. Thinking of her during this difficult time.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like

Winnie and those who are grieving

This card helped me when I lost my mother so I thought maybe it would help someone else.

A Better Place To Be

There's a place
    I've never seen
    beyond this world we know,
    A place I've only heard about
    but someday hope to go------
    It's not on any map,
    there are no roads,
    to take me there
    But it's a place of perfect peace
    where hearts are free from care.
    And though I understand
    some may be saddened
    when I leave,
    One day, we will meet again----
    that's what I believe........

When it's time to travel there
    I think I'll wear a smile,
    I'll say good-bye to those I love,
    but only for a while,
    Knowing there are others
    who have traveled there alone,
    Who cannot wait to greet me
    and to whisper "welcome Home".
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Words cannot express the sadness that Linda must be feeling. We are all sad to hear this. Thanks for sharing her address and I will send a card to her today! love donna

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Linda, I am so sorry to hear of Laura's passing. I know you have done so much for her and love her so much. Your love for her will never die and she will be missed. I felt close to her thru you and can't stop crying but it will get better for us as time goes on. I share in your sorrow... I too lost a sister, the only one I had in 2000. Words will never be able to express what you are feeling right now. I am so glad you know the Lord because He will help you thru this sad time. I will continue to pray for you my friend. Love, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    dancingbaehr, Thanks so much for letting everyone know about Laura's passing. I am also a twin & twins have a "different bond" than other siblings do. I can't really explain it, but, it's a totally "tighter nit" and "closer" bond that other siblings just don't have. You woud have to be a twin to understand this. Laura has a big hurdle to "climb" but, with God's help, she will slowly, but surely "HEAL"! Amen!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the title of this post and said NO!!!!!! I'm sorry to hear this. Winnie, remember what Butterflyrose said that God is Big Enough and HE will Carry you through. I'm about crying myself knowing she died. The pastor says at funerals that the person in the casket is the most alive person there. When someone dies it is sad but it also is a celebration. I'm sorry for your loss!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Winnie, I'm so very sad to hear this. You've been a wonderful sister to Laura and I know you'll miss her immenseley. Know that you're in my prayers.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie I am so sorry to hear your sister passed away.l will be praying for you.
    God Bless