Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are mine
    Morning Coffee....Or Tea-unnamed-jpg
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhh the doggies sound adorable! How anyone could pass up adopting from a shelter I have no idea....breeders just contribute to the over population of dogs, I believe...a shelter pet is the best way. I have adopted twice form shelters and both times the dogs were the best!

Oh you you lived in Japan! How interesting....how long and what brought you there? Long Island is not too far from where I was brought up in Newark NJ...well actually Bloomfield, which is a suburb of Newark. I was born in Newark though. We lived there until 1985 and the neighborhood got too rough. At the time I had a 5 year old and didn't want her growing up in the city. That is when we moved to the Jersey Shore, until 2006. Then that got too build up so we moved all they way up to Central NY...where the is nothing but horses, cows and Amish!

Now I see that NJ drivers are pretty poor snow drivers too...Now that I live here in snow country....most people here have 4WD or all WD vehicles...I still don't like driving in it though....and we did get more last night...only about an inch....
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa

What type of birds are they? Very pretty colors

Post Thanks / Like
    They are crazy lovebirds.
    We have the snowstorm predicted tomorrow. I hope bosses will let us go earlier until roads are not covered with the big snow. I want to crochet after work tomorrow.
    Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Teri - I lived in northern Japan back in the mid-80s, in Misawa. We had around 120 inches of snow each year, winter lasted 9 months. It was so beautiful there! I was young and married an army guy, and we were stationed there. We were both way too young (21 and 22) and ended up getting a Japanese divorce over there. Afterwards, I stayed for 2 years living on my own. I worked for the US Navy as a secretary on the base and was able to change my visa so I could live there on my own. I loved it!!!!!!! Sometimes, I can feel it calling me back.

Larisa - I hope you guys don't get a bad snow storm and that you get to leave work early. That's the best, getting to go home early to crochet �� Stay safe and warm!

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa
    How much snow did you get? Is your winter very cold?.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! It is snowing. I am at home working on the bedspread
    Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley

How interesting! Living in another country and getting to know and understand their culture. What an awesome experience! Our winters are pretty much like that. We see first snow around Halloween and it snows here up to the early part of April. I used to have a fabulous veggie garden in NJ on our farm where I could sell veggies at our stand, but here I can not get used to the short growing season. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, which grow beautifully in NJ are very difficult to grow here without a green house. So I gave up on the gardening for a while after about 7 years of attempts. Lettuce and other leafy veggies grow well because they can tolerate cooler weather, while those others are sensitive.

A dance student of mine who graduated high school in 2015 recently got married to a marine this past spring (2016) and moved away to where her husband is currently stationed, to North Carolina, I think. But being 19 I am wondering if she made the right choice to marry or was she just trying to move a way from this little country town. She had no thoughts of college nor was she even interested. She just liked the "boys" since she was a freshman in high school and like to dance. Now keeping in touch with her via facebook, she has rented an apartment, not sure if it is on base or not, and is raising 2 dogs and selling Lemongrass products.....

My daughter was supposed to study abroad in Korea while in her Jr. year in college. She studied the language and surrounded her self with Korean culture in college along with the Korean students and now speaks pretty fluent Korean. But after all her paper work and passport was ready financial aid would not cover her unless she changed her major. She was a Theater Major, Dance Minor and the college in Korea did not have either of those. She would have had to change to a literary major, I believe. That was a big let down for her. Especially since her Theater professors where pushing her to go to study Korean Theater. You would think they would have known better. She still has interest in going to Korea, and speaks to her Korean friends still. Well she just graduated last spring so college is still fresh with her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess what? My daughter is pregnant... They made extra-corporal. She worries a lot about the baby
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how nice for you Larisa....stay warm and cozy!