Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will be praying for your Sister

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Attachment 13568

Hi, Bennie...you have a lovely day,too! Louisiana is a WONDERFUL place to be!
    Thank you so much...I frequently refer to my sisters as Sunshine...lol...Have you ever lived in Louisiana? I love the south...I hope that u have a most enjoyable afternoon

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley prayers going up. Take care Hope your doing well

Post Thanks / Like

Teri...Opening Day!

Hi, Teri, I remembered earlier that today was scheduled to be your opening day and first classes in your new studio. I hope everything went off well and was a grand success!

We all miss you here but understand just how hard-pressed everything can be when getting the building and everything ready for your first day!

I'm looking forward to your return. You are sorely missed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Teri, I'm wishing you the best of luck with your new endeavor! How exciting for you! We miss you!!!

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    Thank you so much...I frequently refer to my sisters as Sunshine...lol...Have you ever lived in Louisiana? I love the south...I hope that u have a most enjoyable afternoon
    Hi there, Bennie! Yes, I had an enjoyable afternoon. Thanks.

No, I've never lived in Louisiana, but did live in Ocean Springs (Mississippi) and in Mobile (Alabama). And spent every week-end in Louisiana. My parents and my in-laws wanted to know why we didn't spend some of those weekends down here in south Florida and I told them if you want to see me, come up here and go to Louisiana with me. I did have an uncle who lived in the Garden District in New Orleans to visit occasionally. I also used to fly to N.O. and get a car rental and drive down to Morgan City to see a friend who was a sea-going tug captain (something to do with the off-shore oil rigs.) And I must have visited the Battle of New Orleans battlefield in Chalmette a zillion times. I had a friend in Boosier City but never went there. My sister-in-law is from West Monroe. Went there a couple of times to visit her parents. Yeah, Louisiana is a cool place!

I absolutely love Cajun cooking and zydeco! New Orleans is my favorite city in the whole world, followed closely by Savannah, Georgia.

Fave chef.... John Besh!

There was a restaurant in Metairie that I loved...best oyster po-boys I have ever eaten. I can't remember the name of it but I think it might be gone as a result of Katrina. I haven't been to Louisiana since Katrina.

I remembered the restaurant's name. It was Bozo's. It was long enough ago that the original owners were still running it. (I remembered the name had something to do with clowns, lol, and once I walked away from the computer I remembered it!)
    Last edited by Poinciana; 09-15-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Good luck Teri.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey y'all I hope everyone is having a great day. Well my sister had another ultrasound this morning and more blood work done. Some of you may remember that she's been going through the in vitro process to get pregnant. After today's results, she has decided to wait and try again next month.

It's such an extensive process and I don't understand it all. But, she's a doctor herself and all the medical terms aren't anything new to her. In her heart, she wants another baby so badly. I hope this works for her next month.

Thank you for all your prayers for her. Her name is Jennifer, we call her Jenn.

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it works for her too. God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Shelley..tell Jenn that we are praying for her