Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda thanks for the prayers. I know I got alot of experience with my daughter and husband. The Lord will help you through. God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone! Mom's appt. went fine. She goes back Tuesday to have drains and wound pump removed. Then the 28th of this month we see the onocologist and find out what kind of treatment they want to do. She had two of three sentinel lymph nodes that showed cancer. Surgeon removed 14 lymph nodes all together. None of those had detectable cancer. But they needed to come out incase of cancer. I'm a bit tired today but ok. It's suppose to get terrible hot today and for several days. Ugh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello... I wish you good health
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Good morning everyone! Mom's appt. went fine. She goes back Tuesday to have drains and wound pump removed. Then the 28th of this month we see the onocologist and find out what kind of treatment they want to do. She had two of three sentinel lymph nodes that showed cancer. Surgeon removed 14 lymph nodes all together. None of those had detectable cancer. But they needed to come out incase of cancer. I'm a bit tired today but ok. It's suppose to get terrible hot today and for several days. Ugh.
    Linda, it sounds like your mom is healing nicely from her surgery. Cancer treatment is one step at a time. My family went through it four years ago when my brother was diagnosed with brain cancer, he was only 44 at the time. I learned way more about cancer than I ever wanted to know. But we have to in order to support those we love who are facing it. It's an emotional roller coaster and it affects the whole family.

Try not to overwhelm yourself with everything that lies ahead. It's all a process and it comes in steps. Just take the next baby step in the process of her recovery. And take good care of yourself every chance you get. Today sounds like a good day for you to stay inside with the AC and rest as much as you can.

Maybe you can spend a little time crocheting today? It always makes me feel good to crochet in pretty colors.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Larisa, Susie Ann, and Shelley for the encouragement. One day at a time. If I read the reports right mom's cancer is stage 2. Our county has a couple organizations that help cancer patients with finances for mileage, prosthesis, wigs, scarves, meds, nutritional supplements, non prescription drugs, some medical equipment, etc. The one we are looking into now will help up to $3500.00 a year. Things that insurance may not pay for. I'm fixing lunch for us and my sister today. My sister's plowing ground getting ready for later wheat planting. A friend of hers from school brought us a lasagna to bake today with a pan of chocolate chip bar cookies. That will be enough to feed us today and tomorrow. We have really nice people in our community and church family calling, texting, sending cards, etc. Plus I have all the sweet people on this site I call friends. We've been blessed. Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Susan,
    What is generic yarn? Is that a cheaper yarn?
    Jean Marie
    Hi Jean Marie, It's simply brand name yarn that is bought out by someone and re-sold with no brand label, it will say on the label only "100% acrylic", or "acrylic mill end" or whatever it is, like cotton, and you have to know the ply by looking at it or comparing it to some you have and know the ply of and maybe recognize the brand of. I've used the method I posted on my blog site a while back about how to wrap the yarn around a ruler and measure the WPI (wraps per inch), which I believe someone has made a quick tutorial video or pic step by step tutorial of how to do, to learn the ply of yarn weights, but I can tell just by looking at it now Or the generic may be made for the brand and then deemed a little less than 100% perfect and thus people won't want to pay full and sometimes expensive prices for it, but it might be 90% perfect so it works for me!

It's no different than the way generic food came about really. I've used generic yarn often and never found anything wrong with it at all, mostly acrylic or cotton, fine, worsted 4 ply or chunky. Some is plain and flat finish and some is coated shiny. It's so low priced that I had to try it and have been very pleased with the quality. You won't find it in stores or online I don't think, you have to have a warehouse /wholesaler /re-seller business who sells it as mill-end, which means like the end of a perfect roll that they feel might have imperfections, but like I said, I've never seen any. Or if you live near a yarn company, which we do have in our area, called Coats and Clark, who've been around forever, they own Red Heart Yarn and other textile labels, and they have places all over this country and the world, they often only have offices but sometimes some yarn processing or packaging plants nearby but I've not heard that they sell yarn there, or even have a store on site.

You'd be surprised who owns what yarn companies, but not as much is actually made in the US on large scale as it is in other countries, but plants like bamboo is grown for yarn production and that plant has amazing properties and is also used to make cotton for medical purposes and it grows super fast and is very earth friendly, or where silkworms are raised and cultivated for expensive silk yarn and this is controversial and not so earth friendly all the time, and many animals are raised for their fleece, and all of this is either just hand woven or machine made into yarn in other countries including being spun, woven and dyed, or left undyed, and comes to the US from other countries, and here they take it from those various states of production to become yarn. In America it becomes a certain brand if it isn't one already and made fo that company in another country, and it sometimes comes from the same source but processed differently, or blended like bamboo and silk, or bamboo and cotton, and is then sold. In the U.S. we have some large manufacturers, but it's actually more small scale farms where they sell their fleece to local individual or small businesses who have spinners, weavers and dye-ers.

The place I can buy 'generic' yarn sometimes has certain types of Lion Brand yarn in the actual LB labels, and while I've never seen any other brand labels they do have yarn I recognize, like Super Saver standard worsted weight 4 ply I've seen before like camo, solids, other variegated, and also misc Red Heart type soft shiny yarns like I bought Thurs to make my summer top. Sorry for so much info, but it's interesting to me! I believe what I'm working with on my 1st top is like RH Unforgettable, a luscious yarn!! I'm really enjoying using it! I'm still waiting to receive my Red Heart pgk that I won 2 wks ago looking forward to using that too! I've inquired about it. Have a nice weekend!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 07-13-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Morning Coffee....Or Tea-jimmy-john-jpgOk girls, I have finally caught up thru page 80! Just a note to say I had posted somewhere about 2 mamma cats and their kittens 5 from one and 2 weeks later the 2nd one had 3. In the meantime my son and family left for a weeks vacation and left me in charge of feeding the momma cats. During that time the kittens were put together, 8 in one box and both momma cats feeding whoever is lucky. I pity the 3 little ones trying to get hold of a "bottle" (teat?). Also I think one of the mommas has had an accident with a wild animal of some sort. I haven't seen her for the last 4 days. And one day the 3 little ones were in the box by themselves and I didn't know where the 5 went to. The next day there was only 2 of the 3 in the box. I finally found (today all 8 are in an old cabinet near the boxes where they originally were before). They are laying on a black trash bag and it's too dark to see how many are there.... until today that is, and we heard them meowing. We went over and got down and reached in and they are ALL 8 there! One of the smallest ones was being pretty much crushed under a small bicycle wheel and we got that one out and then there was the 2nd one! I finally got to hold those 2 little ones and cuddle them. They are so cute! I hope the momma is feeding ALL of them. My son will be back late tomorrow evening( Sunday).

Also today was the RAIN ride. That is a Ride Across INdiana! (that's what RAIN stands for)We are waiting for them to get home now. That is a 160 mile ride one way + 10 extra miles from my house to the starting point this morning at 6:30AM. Start time was 7:00AM. Someone went over to pick them and their bikes back home. This is a yearly thing and it is a ride , not a race. It really is a good test of strength for them. My other son is here from Arkansas and rode with his brother in the ride. I haven't seen him for a year so it is good to see him. I will try to post a picture taken yesterday before they rode just for practice.
    Last edited by redhead; 07-14-2015 at 06:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Patty you are nice and your relatives too. Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    Good morning everyone..I hope that all of you have a relaxing weekend...as for me I work from home as a medical transcriptionist..start around 4 every morning with a cup of black coffee, and really enjoy being apart of this family..saying prayers for all...ttyl
    Good Morning Bennie

You are an early riser like me ...except I don't get up to work, in fact I don't leave for work until 2pm. But I work until 9. I just like to get up early and do stuff with out others "getting in my way"....
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Morning Coffee....Or Tea-jimmy-john-jpgOk girls, I have finally caught up thru page 80! Just a note to say I had posted somewhere about 2 mamma cats and their kittens 5 from one and 2 weeks later the 2nd one had 3. In the meantime my son and family left for a weeks vacation and left me in charge of feeding the momma cats. During that time the kittens were put together, 8 in one box and both momma cats feeding whoever is lucky. I pity the 3 little ones trying to get hold of a "bottle" (teat?). Also I think one of the mommas has had an accident with a wild animal of some sort. I haven't seen her for the last 4 days. And one day the 3 little ones were in the box by themselves and I didn't know where the 5 went to. The next day there was only 2 of the 3 in the box. I finally found (today all 8 are in an old cabinet near the boxes where they originally were before. They are laying on a black trash bag and it's too dark to see how many are there. Until today that is, and we heard them meowing. We went over and got down and reached in and they are ALL 8 there! One of the smallest ones was being pretty much crushed under a small bicycle wheel and we got that one out and then there was the 2nd one! I finally got to hold those 2 little ones and cuddle them. They are so cute! I hope the momma is feeding ALL of them. My son will be back late tomorrow evening( Sunday).

Also today was the RAIN ride. That is a Ride Across INdiana! (that's what RAIN stands for)We are waiting for them to get home now. That is a 160 mile ride one way + 10 extra miles from my house to the starting point this morning at 6:30AM. Start time was 7:00AM. Someone went over to pick them and their bikes back home. This is a yearly thing and it is a ride , not a race. It really is a good test of strength for them. My other son is here from Arkansas and rode with his brother in the ride. I haven't seen him for a year so it is good to see him. I will try to post a picture taken yesterday before they rode just for practice.
    Great picture! Hope the kittys are doing well....
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

11. Likes MeerKat liked this post