Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276

Post Thanks / Like
    So many hurts out there. I don't know what to say but Bless you all and hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, everyone! Just a note to say hope your weekend was restful. Labor day for me is just another day to labor. Did laundry and cleaned in my bedroom. Mom's port is still bugging her some. Tomorrow she gets another IV fluid and Thursday sees her Oncologist , blood tests, and more IV fluid. She's dreading it. They may do a regular IV. Mom's doing a bit better in some ways but a few more chemo side effects are popping up. She's got some mouth sores, kind of like canker sores. Not too bad yet and her tongue was irritated a little too. I hope it doesn't progress any further, but may after another treatment. The chemo brain effect has been a bit worse and her Parkinson's shake is a bit more pronounced. Maybe things will calm down after all the chemo is over. I hope. It was so terrible hot today. Chances of rain that we need. Thunderstorms went SE of us this evening. Suppose to get a bit cooler upper 80's to lower 90's. Take care friends! Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    I pray that too that chemo is over your mom will feel alot better. God Bless and keep you both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Hey, everyone! Just a note to say hope your weekend was restful. Labor day for me is just another day to labor. Did laundry and cleaned in my bedroom. Mom's port is still bugging her some. Tomorrow she gets another IV fluid and Thursday sees her Oncologist , blood tests, and more IV fluid. She's dreading it. They may do a regular IV. Mom's doing a bit better in some ways but a few more chemo side effects are popping up. She's got some mouth sores, kind of like canker sores. Not too bad yet and her tongue was irritated a little too. I hope it doesn't progress any further, but may after another treatment. The chemo brain effect has been a bit worse and her Parkinson's shake is a bit more pronounced. Maybe things will calm down after all the chemo is over. I hope. It was so terrible hot today. Chances of rain that we need. Thunderstorms went SE of us this evening. Suppose to get a bit cooler upper 80's to lower 90's. Take care friends! Linda
    Hi Linda, thanks for the update on you and your mom. Regarding the sores in her mouth.... several years ago, I had a terrible canker sore inside my mouth and my dentist gave me a prescription for it. The medicine was like a paste and it came in a little tube. I put that pasty stuff right on the sore and the pain immediately went away. It stayed on for several hours, and it'd stay on all night when I was sleeping. Maybe it's something you can ask her doctor for? I'm sorry that I don't remember the name of it. Another thing that will give her a little relief is baby Ora-Gel. It doesn't last very long, but it's better than nothing. I feel so bad for your mom.

Hang in there and take good care of yourself, too.

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Susie Ann and Shelley! Mom's mouth is better today. And even though her port is sore around the outside they were able to access it without hurting her. Thank the Lord! She said she had been praying about it as had I. Such a relief! Hope it stays that way ! Next trip in is Thursday to see Dr, blood test, and fluid. Well I'll go, my keyboard and Kindle is not working right. Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad to hear it. Thanks for sharing the good news. God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey y'all, I hope everyone is doing well today. I've really been missing my family, and my 2 grown boys. They all live out of state and it seems like they're all so very far away from me. I've been feeling so lonesome for them.

I'm going to move on November 1st into a new place. Well it's not brand new, but it'll be new to me. I'll be moving from my little old rental house into a 2 bedroom townhouse on a military base in town. I work on that military base and they let us civilians rent the military housing there. I grew up an Army brat and mostly lived on military bases when I was a child. It'll feel like coming home to me. It's a very nice, secure and safe community, and I'll be so close to work! Right now it's a 45 minute drive each way for me to get to and from work.

And the best part??!!! My mom is coming to visit me for the whole month of October!!! She's going to help me get my house all packed up, and she'll help me unpack in my new place. I cannot wait for her to get here!!! She'll be here in a little over 3 weeks. She and I are extremely close and we always have a great time when we're together. There's always lots of laughing and carrying on. She's almost 77 and she's the sweetest person I've ever known. That's my momma.

I'm sending out prayers of healing and peace for those of you who are dealing with health issues, for yourself and your loved ones.

Hugs to all,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    P.S. Gosh I'm sure missing Teri on this thread. I feel like she was the "glue" that held us all together. I know she had her grandkids this summer, and she's been very busy with them. Plus she was getting a new dance studio ready to open. I hope she checks back in with us soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning...I hope that all of you have a most enjoyable and productive day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    P.S. Gosh I'm sure missing Teri on this thread. I feel like she was the "glue" that held us all together. I know she had her grandkids this summer, and she's been very busy with them. Plus she was getting a new dance studio ready to open. I hope she checks back in with us soon.
    I agree! Have a great day, everyone.