Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Good thoughs welcome!

Tomorrow morning, early, I am having knee replacement surgery. I am both eager and anxious. I am eager to no longer have knee problems and anxious because it is painful, serious surgery.

My husband and coach is battling a nasty head and chest cold. I am doing my best to stay clear of those germs as I have NO desire to postpone my surgery. I've waited long enough already!

I chose now to have my surgery because it is my first Christmas without my mama. I wasn't sure how I wanted to spend it, so chose to, in effect, be drugged, but for a positive reason.

I welcome all positive thoughts and prayers. If you have good stories to share about recovery from knee replacement surgery, those are most welcome too. I will ask, selfishly, that you not share tales of woe about knee surgery gone wrong.

Happy Hannakah and Merry Christmas to all!
    Auntie Alice

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    First off, sorry to hear about the loss of your mama and your first Christmas without her. It will be a little tough (this is year Christmas number three without my mom so I know how you are feeling) but she is there in spirit.

My neighbor just had hip replacement surgery on Dec 15 and I was just over there. I know it is not knee replacement but I thought you may want to know she is doing well. She has physical therapy on an in-home basis and is following the instructions and exercises given to her by the therapist. She takes her time and does what she needs to do. Rely on others to help, until you are given the green light to do it yourself and if anything seems out of place, have it checked right away.

Wishing you a successful surgery and a good recovery.

Happy Holidays,

Roe

4. Thanks AuntieAlice thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi my Dear, I do not know personally anyone Yet others I meet have had them and say they wish they did it sooner, or cant believe how wonderful they feel. Lady down the block saw us 1 day (never chatted before) & said she saw me & was wondering my knees or hip?? She is so Happy she did, waiting for other one. I hope your Husband starts to feeling better, you need some pampering after. My Prayers & Special Rosary for You tonight. God Bless and it will be a Good "Holiday" dont you fret about wish I this or that??? Hope to hear Great updates from you. Susan2014 from Minnesota PS: I just saw your 1st Xmas with out your MOM xox Hugs. Very sorry

to hear that, me 19 yrs & allways have her Favorite dish & use her Holiday dishes she uses for food. Remember her with fond & loving things, she will be with you tomorrow so squeeze your hand & remember she would want you to have this Surgery. God Bless all who we have Loss. HUGSxxxxx
    Last edited by Susan2014; 12-21-2014 at 03:58 PM.

6. Thanks AuntieAlice thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery. I am sorry about your mom. My mom passes in 1997 just a week before Christmas so I know how you feel. I get by every Christmas and other holidays without her, knowing she is happier, not in pain, and that I will see her again soon when I get to heaven. It is still hard at times though. It is very hard for me last Sunday because it was the exact day and date that my mom passed away. Last Thursday was the exact day and date that we laid her to rest. My knees are bad as well so I may have to have them done. Let me know how it comes out. I will be thinking of you.

8. Thanks AuntieAlice thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi AuntieAlice, my sister in law in California had knee surgery last year and the year before. She said like many others her only regret was she didn't have it done earlier!!! She did really well with her recovery even though she was very heavy. She just did what the therapist said and she did great both times!!! I will be praying for everyone involved with your surgery and for peace and comfort for you!! Prayers and hugs Winnie

10. Thanks AuntieAlice thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear I wish you good health
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

12. Thanks AuntieAlice thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I will pray for a successful knee replacement for you with as little pain as possible. My Mom had a knee replacement that was a success. It takes determination and hard work, but well worth it. I also pray your husband be healed of the cold. Lots of care and prayers headed your way! Linda D. Mitzner

14. Thanks AuntieAlice thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will pray for you.
    Jean M

16. Thanks AuntieAlice thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the warm wishes. The surgery was a success and I am doing as the therapists have told me, so I am making progress. Sadly, my husband has pneumonia and has had a terrible week. Thank heavens for angels on earth as I had a friend who came to stay with me at the hospital and helped coach me to get up and move. I am grateful that I planned ahead so we have freezers with cooked meals, or part of them, ready to go. Also, I am very grateful for the pain medication!
    Auntie Alice

Post Thanks / Like
    Praise God for answered prayers! Keep up the hard (good) work! Will say another prayer for your hubby :-)