Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Prayers

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers

I know I have gone for a while, and it takes nerve to ask this, but please pray for my aunt. She is 91, and in very poor health. She is failing rather quickly all of a sudden. There isn't any one thing wrong with her, just her age I guess. She is a huge part of my life.
    I had been praying that God leave her with us for one last joyous and love filled Christmas. Now I don't know what to pray other than His will be done.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Trude, I'm so sorry your aunt is not well! I will be praying for her and for you as well. When we really don't know what to pray it's best to just ask Thy will be done which is what we always want in the long run. It's perfectly alright to ask The Lord to let you have one last Christmas with your aunt I was praying the same thing for my sister and she is doing pretty good now! God knows our hearts anyway right? Love and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I have prayed for your aunt, you and your family. Be at peace knowing that God loves you and your aunt.(((HUGS)))

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Trude,
    Cherish each moment you have with your Aunt while she is still with you and may God grant you your request.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending prayers for your aunt and I agree, there is nothing wrong with asking the Lord to have one more Christmas holiday with your aunt. He knows how much you care for your aunt. He will guide you.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be praying for your aunt and you. It is alright to want one more Christmas with her. Sundday was the anniversary of my mom's passing in 97. Thursday will be the anniversary that we laid her to rest so I know how difficult it can be. Lord, we ask that you will allow Trude and her aunt to spend this special celebration of the birth of your son together. Lay your healing hands upon her aunt. We ask this according to your will oh LOrd. Amen

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your prayers. They have given me comfort. My aunt is hanging in there, but when I talked to my cousin last night, he thought she had given up. She is at home right now, but he is trying to have her placed in the care center. I give him loads of credit. He has taken care of his mom mostly on his own since July. There have been volunteers who come in to give him a day to do errands and what not, but other than that it has been all him. It's just since Thanksgiving that she has become this bad.He didn't ever want his mom to have to go to the care center, but he knows that he doesn't have any choice. Medicare has made this transition even more difficult by requiring the person to be hospitalized 3 days before they go into the care center. What? And even though she in in a program called Hospice she can't just go into it. Where they live the hospital is small and currently full. He has to wait til someone makes a vacancy. I am 4 hours away or I would be there to help him through this. I will be going on Saturday.
    Sorry for the long detailed filled post and a bit of a rant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your prayers. They have given me comfort. My aunt is hanging in there, but when I talked to my cousin last night, he thought she had given up. She is at home right now, but he is trying to have her placed in the care center. I give him loads of credit. He has taken care of his mom mostly on his own since July. There have been volunteers who come in to give him a day to do errands and what not, but other than that it has been all him. It's just since Thanksgiving that she has become this bad.He didn't ever want his mom to have to go to the care center, but he knows that he doesn't have any choice. Medicare has made this transition even more difficult by requiring the person to be hospitalized 3 days before they go into the care center. What? And even though she in in a program called Hospice she can't just go into it. Where they live the hospital is small and currently full. He has to wait til someone makes a vacancy. I am 4 hours away or I would be there to help him through this. I will be going on Saturday.
    Sorry for the long detailed filled post and a bit of a rant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trudy Im very sad to hear of your Aunt and 91 yrs my hubby is allmost that and hes failing yet hangs in there. Day by Day Life now. I Pray everynigt and a Rosary everyother. My Such a sad time with Xmas so close, she will be here with our prayers and if she's called by God Be it !! Shes had a full life. Prayers for One Lat Xmas xoxo Hugs ! Take Care of you my Friend & hubby. xoxox

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Trude, I'm sending out prayers for your aunt. Sometimes, things in life just don't happen the way we want them to. We really have to let go and let God.... I know this first hand. I lost my awesome brother to brain cancer 3 years ago. He was only 46. He loved Christmas more than anyone and he so desperately wanted to live for just one more Christmas with his sweet wife and children. But his body just couldn't hang on and he passed away on November 17th, only one week after our parents' 50th wedding anniversary. It's so hard to lose someone we love so much, especially around the holidays.

I'll continue to send out prayers for you, and your cousin, also. May you all be blessed.

Love,
    Shelley