Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, good luck with your knee shots. I am scheduled to have a knee replaced right before Christmas. Couldn't make it work, schedule wise, any sooner. I'm not looking forward to the pain of the surgery, but I am looking forward to being less restricted by knee pain! Again, Good Luck!
    Auntie Alice

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband went to Dr. 4 years ago and they set him up for knee surgery. He backed out, and his knee for 4yrs. has been painful all this time while walking. It has been bothering him more lately. He went to Dr. again a month ago, and this time they said he only needed knee injection on one knee (this is a different Dr. I believe the 1st. Dr. was looking at the money he would make). He could either have the 3 injections or now they have 1 injection of the rooster/chicken coombs. He chose the 1 injection. The Dr. sent him for 3 wks. of therapy to strengthen the area around the knee. He had the injection yesterday. It took about 5 minutes total. " It was not very painful at all", he said. He has had no pain since. He is happy with the injection and walking around with no pain. He is 68 yrs. old. Hope this helps, and prayers your way.
    Last edited by jaa; 11-18-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had several 3-shot series injections over the years in both knees. The first lasted about 6 months, then each time was less and less. I need a new knee but my Dr keeps hoping a new replacement knee is in the works. The left knee got only one series of 3 shots and has not been painful since, though they are both bone on bone , per the x rays. It is very hard to walk , and I really miss that. My Dr told me one man nearly freaked when he was injecting him, and begged him to stop. I told him that I had breast cancer and needles in many places, so no fear here! It was like a pin prick compared to some other stuff I've had. But these shots do buy you some pain free days if they work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredglor View Post
    I know you're probably going to get hundreds of these advice emails, but this one might be a little different: Go to a good vein doctor & have the veins in your legs checked out. It's very likely that's where the swelling problem is coming from. Also the heaviness and pain. Good luck.
    I'm not surprised at all to hear you say this! I've thought about this since my dr. said I have small veins. I can feel them hurting when my feet swell. They itch a little sometimes & every time I scratch lightly and look, it's a vein are where it itches, and it feel hot! Both legs from the knee down feel like concrete when the feel swell, I had 20 lbs of fluid just there, but it didn't look like that much - of course, it was scary & looked awful, with my feet about to burst it seemed - that got better a couple of weeks ago since my knee incident in July when it popped, like I said in my orignal post. I thought there had to be something vein related!

I also have poor circulation in my fingers in cold weather, Reynaud's Syndrome, I posted about it related to fingerless gloves on here but you might not have seen that. It makes your fingers cold & totally numb, frozen white, purple and/or red, this can't be good for extremities to be losing circulation, and when the blood start spurting back into them after I move around standing up, it won't work while sitting, I can feel it & it hurts! The dr's all say nothing can be done about the hands, so what about my legs?? Wonder what they can do for this?! Thx a lot
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-18-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieAlice View Post
    Susan, good luck with your knee shots. I am scheduled to have a knee replaced right before Christmas. Couldn't make it work, schedule wise, any sooner. I'm not looking forward to the pain of the surgery, but I am looking forward to being less restricted by knee pain! Again, Good Luck!
    Good luck to you! Sorry you have to do it at such a bad time. I know the knee replacement will be good after recovery, but the recovery is long and has to be done right or they say you'll be literally crippled forever....so do your therapy in other words, lol!! Let us know how you do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Sending prayers your way that all goes well and this will alleviate any more pain. Hang in there and know we are thinking of you.

Roe
    Thank you so much, I prayed right before the dr came into the room one last time, and from history everything is more painful from having Fibro & arthritis doubled up on me, but the shot wasn't bad at all. The knee felt weird last night, but today it feels more normal & much better, with little pain & or new trouble, so all is going well & I feel good about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx to you for the advice & thoughts! I'll go back for the other 2 shots since today my knee is no worse.... still can't bend or straighten, may not ever be able to - but might get better after the other 2 shots! I know we all have problems, so prayers for you all in everything you need from the Lord.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you will be feeling g better soon. Prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    God bless you n I hope this treatment gives you pain relief!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I get shots in my neck every 2 or 3 months, and the really help but had so many problems with my neck and upper back that it took a long time to get any real relief but thank God I am a lot better. So don't worry about it not helping a lot at first maybe after the 3 injections it will be a lot better. Will be praying for you.
    God Bless You