Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning and Organizing the Home

As many of you know, I am in the midst of cleaning and organizing my home and garage. Some accomplishments have been made in tossing, clearing and cleaning in many areas. My goal is to clean and organize every knook and cranny in my home.

I have done a complete closet organization in two closets, cleaned and organized 2/3 of my garage. My patio has been cleaned and organized. I do patio gardening! Also, I have rearranged some of my bedroom furniture and organized the dresser drawers and lingerie chest. The family room has been rearranged(minor organization needed) with my younger daughter's help. Recently, I organized my penpalling tools by using a decorator box. My yarn is organized too!

I have given many boxes and bags of items to charity. I have given my daddy clothing and shoes which he has distributed in his neighborhood. I have more to give to charity and for my daddy to distribute. Also, I have disposed of many items.

I am enjoying the journey! My home and garage is getting a real makeover through my hard work! I am very pleased with my progress.

What are you cleaning and organizing in your home? What have you done in the past? Please share your organizing tools and tips. Share preventative tips also!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're my inspiration!!! I've been in my little house over 3 years and there's so much I'd like to do to make it a pretty, peaceful sanctuary. It's a slow process for me. I'm a procrastinator. I've been riding around with a big box of shoes in the back seat of my car, to donate to my local thrift store. I have SO MANY clothes to sort through. Stuff I don't need anymore and it's all in my way.

For me personally, a cluttered home equals a cluttered mind....

I've been through some really tough things the past couple of years, and my energy was all spent on focusing on just surviving. The sun is beginning to shine again in my life now, and it's way past time for me to get my home organized the way I like it.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Although we are miles away from one another, we can motivate each other by sharing our progress. Yes, you can do it! Just take it One Item/Day At A Time. I agree, when clutter is no longer there, there is real freedom. Clutter is dead weight! Without clutter, beauty surrounds you and you can focus on enjoying your home and life. I love a well-maintained home!

I have used " 5 Items" to get started when closet cleaning. Each time I passed by the closet, I had to make a decision(toss, keep, donate) about 5 items. Before long, I was working in my closet for longer periods of time. Eventually, I looked forward to each new day, so I could work in my closet.

I am so glad that life is better for you. Keeping moving forward, you're a winner!(((HUGS)))

5. Likes karibkitty, karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Butterflyrose! I love your quote, "kindness begets kindness." It's so true. Your quote reminds me of my wonderful brother, who died almost 3 years ago from brain cancer. He planned out his entire funeral before he died, so we wouldn't have to. He had special songs played, and messages read for each of us. His message for his children? "Kindness, always be kind to everyone no matter what."

Recently, I've had major issues with my boss at work. After I began showing her genuine kindness everything completely turned around, almost immediately. My co-workers are stunned by how much she's changed towards me. And all I had to do was be nice and kind to her.

Shelley

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Shelly, I am in the mist of moving and can't believe what all I have accumulated. I have thrown out a lot of old clothes. I also threw out all my clothes that I wore while staying at home taking care of my husband I wore mostly house dresses. They were easy to work around in and even sleep in when I need to sleep in the chair next to my husband. I refuse to wear them anymore. I bought me some comfortable and stylish clothes. Had to clean out my husbands closet and gave them to a good friend of his. My kitchen I have completely thrown everything away except 2 skillets and two pans. Got everything boxed and ready to take to Goodwill. Leaving all my furniture here because the couple that are buying the place wants it. I can't wait to get down their and buy new furniture and fix it up. I will let you all know how things are going.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 10-31-2014 at 12:16 PM.

8. Likes Butterflyrose, Mary Laposta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome Pixieglitter! The quote was created by me. This is my belief and has proved to be very true in my life. It's FAVOR according to my Christian beliefs. Glad you have known and been shown kindness by your dear brother. You showed such kindness in the midst of adversity. A change occurred in your relationship with your boss!

What are you going to clean or organize today? I am going to begin organizing my refrigerator. One Shelf At A Time. I use additional storage bins in my refrigerator to contain some food products.

10. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am starting to downsize since soon I will be looking for a new home out of state. I have been going through my stuff and giving away things I no longer need. I try and take a little time each day to organize and de-clutter and pick one area to concentrate on cleaning. One day it may be excess Christmas items, another day it may be clothing and shoes. another garage items, patio, shed, you get the idea. I was working in the basement and reorganized items into little storage items and placed them neatly in a cabinet. Little by little it will get done. And as I accomplish each task, it just looks so much neater and less clutter. I find that if I stick to one area at a time, it goes smoothly. Then I make little piles and label them with the names of friends or organizations who will take them.

Roe
    Last edited by LI Roe; 10-31-2014 at 04:38 PM.

12. Likes Butterflyrose, Mary Laposta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roe, your organizational system is working. Doing a little at a time leads to a finished task. I totally agree! Congratulations on the tasks you've completed!

MeerKat, you have wasted no time in getting ready to move. Congratulations on your accomplishments!

14. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did it! Yesterday, I cleaned and organized one shelf in my refrigerator. It looks wonderful. I use green and white storage baskets to hold some food products. Makes the interior of the refrigerator look pretty and organized.
    Today, I'll clean and organize a bin in the refrigerator. That's progress!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you! I need to clean out my refrigerator and toss out a few things. It's so hard to motivate myself. Some days it's easier to just leave it alone until later.

Shelley