Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 53 of 64 First ... 343515253545563 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WabashWoman View Post
    My latest organizing project is my crochet projects. I was given a lovely storage bin from Avon for Christmas. I turned it into storage for my crochet works in progress. It now sits by my living room chair, replacing the plastic bin that was there. So, I did a thorough vacuum of the living room, moving furniture etc. to really get down to it. With the Christmas tree down and the decorations packed away for another year, the room needed some sprucing up.
    Wabashwoman,

You've accomplished a lot, Christmas decor down and stored! Congrats to you! Your lovely storage bin for crochet projects makes a great piece for organizing. Enjoy!~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    I spring cleaned in the storage room last week with the help of my daughter. I had to sit and do it with my leg but managed to get it done. I put a rag on the end of a mop and used the mop to wash the walls and another mop to mop the wooden floors. It really looks nice. It will look better once I get the yard sale stuff out of the closet this spring then I am going to put some stuff in the closet.
    Today I started in the craft room. I moved out two of my shelves and did the walls behind them and mopped the floors and washed off the shelves and put them back. I put all my craft pattern books on one shelf along with some of my yarn that would not fit into my yarn holder. I stood some boxes on end and put the yarn in them. I put my jars that I am going to make snow globes out of on another shelf and my root beer bottles that I am makeing root deers out of on the same shelf as my jars. I have dolls that I use for measurements to make sure my doll clothes fit and a newborn doll to make sure that my newborn baby patterns fit. They are all on the bottom shelf. Tomorrow starts the other side
    Sonnetta,

You've done quite a bit! Congratulations to you! Your home is getting such loving care.~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    It's early Thursday morning. 1:18am! A few hours ago, I did lots of household chores:

~Laundry throughout the day:washing, drying, folding and putting it away
    ~Doing major cleaning in a bedroom, almost done
    ~Changed linen in my bedroom
    ~Wiped vanity in master bathroom
    ~Cleaned tub in master bathroom
    ~Sorted mail
    ~Made to-do list for today and tomorrow

~A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been slowly hanging up more pictures and opening the last few boxes from my move, then I will be organizing the contents of those boxes. I think outside the box and have used different pieces for storage that are not normally used. I have used a bedroom night table as a mini buffet in my dining room. I have a small wall that was about 38 inches (not counting the doorway trim) between the kitchen door opening and the great room and it fit perfectly. It doesn't look like a night table and blends in with the dining room set and even my kitchen cabinets. I found a game table that I use also in my dining room to store the small items that used to be in the dining room china cabinet I gave away before I moved to NC. Looking at it, you would never know it was a game table. Not the usual colors for a table. I use nesting tables as a coffee table (really don't like traditional coffee tables).

In between, have been getting my bedroom closet in order (taking a while since it is 4' by 15'). Put together inexpensive bookcases and use those for my exercise outfits.

Assembled two small storage cabinets for the garage (don't have a basement) and use one for Christmas items and the other for canned goods (and the few leftover Christmas which didn't fit in the first cabinet) LOL.

Now I will be organizing the office supplies, cds and dvds. Since I alphabetize my cds and dvds, that will take a while also since I have a lot of cds and dvds. And don't even ask about the yarn. That is a whole other chapter.

Roe

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday's Work...

I took down and packed the Christmas decor in the family room. I used one of my new storage bins. Also, I did more cleaning in my younger DD's room(she's recuperating from surgery) and did more of her laundry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today's Workday...

I have done household chores for many hours today. I have accomplished the major tasks that I had outlined:

~All Christmas decor has been taken down and stored
    ~Remainder of the tree ornaments were taken off the tree
    ~Tree has been dismantled and stored
    ~Picked up/put away items in family room
    ~Continued to clean younger DD's room
    ~Laundry, laundry, laundry:washing, drying/air drying/, folding, hanging and putting away
    ~Clerical Work

~A Very Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 01-09-2016 at 06:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot what you are suppose to mark the 3 boxes you use to sort things. Can anyone help me?
    Charlye

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlye View Post
    I forgot what you are suppose to mark the 3 boxes you use to sort things. Can anyone help me?
    Charlye
    Hi Charlye,

Keep, Toss and Donate are the way to mark the boxes.~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    I have spent several hours caring for my home today. It was quite a productive day and I accomplished what I planned to do. Here's what I did:washed the dishes, used the carpet sweeper in the master bedroom and livingroom, put items away in the master bedroom, mopped the water closet, swept the kitchen, master bathroom and guest bathroom, cleaned sofa, end and nesting tables, did loads of laundry, folded/hung/put away loads of laundry, febrezed kitchen/breakfast area and family room furniture, cleaned around livingroom baseboard and did some clerical work.

My home looks and smells so fresh and clean!

~A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    New Bedroom Furniture Arrives, the Final Cleaning...

This morning the very last of the cleaning in my younger DD's room was completed. This is what the final tasks were:clean the doors, clean the baseboards and windowsills and use the sweeper for a final cleaning of the carpet. New bedroom furniture arrived for her room today!I put some items back in her room after the furniture delivery.

In my bedroom, I changed the linen today. I also made my to-do list for tomorrow and worked in my planner.

~A Very Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose