Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a lot of days filled with depression, so any day I feel happy are good days for me. I love spending time with my friends and family, and I also like my solitude on some days to rejuvenate my soul. Since I don't have any family living nearby, any day I get to be with them are special times for me.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Shelley. I'm sorry to hear of your depression. I will pray for you. Feel better.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a lovely question and I've enjoyed reading the responses. Thanksgiving is, by far, my favorite holiday because I always have a house filled with friends and family. This year will be tinged with sadness as it is my first without my mother. I also love the 4th of July because I spend it at my favorite place in the world, a small summer cabin that has been in my family my entire life. There are usually lots and lots of cousins and we even have our own fireworks show!
    Auntie Alice

Post Thanks / Like
    Bimmy56 - I thank your son for his service to the U.S., and all of us. May he be blessed with safety until his return home.

My family is extremely patriotic. I grew up an Army brat, my dad is a retired Sergeant Major and my nephew just recently joined the Marines.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas Eve even if I am alone But I am never alone because I belong to Jesus. We would go to church for their program and we would all have candles at the end and than they would turn off the lights and sing Christmas hyms. Than we would go home and the kids would all go in our bedroom and when they heard the bell ring they would come out and get their presents. It was so much fun seeing their faces light up. I would stay up late and watch a Christmas show with only the Christmas lights on. It is magic.

When spring comes and I can buy my flowers--that feels like Christmas too.