Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    First and foremost, the Bible. I love To Kill A Mockingbird (book and movie) and Gone With The Wind (book and movie).

Post Thanks / Like
    right now I am reading - Pewter Angels, its a good book so far.
    ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    * * Andrea * *
    ¸.•´ (¸.•** *´¨)¸

Time is so important.........use it wisely

Post Thanks / Like
    I am reading on my Kindle , Philo Vance detective series and Boston Blackie.
    Also picked up book of 4 Mickey Spillane complete novels at my library Friends of Book Sale. My local library just had return of the
    new Dick Wolf, The Exection.. Dick Wolf is the creator of Law and Order series. His first novel The Intercept was also a page turner.
    And I love Anne Perry, on the list for her new one. Auntie Alice , have you read Anne Perry mysteries ? You would also like Cleo Coyle, Her characters runs coffee house and all books are named around coffee....coffee house series, even has recipes printed in the appendix..
    I have tried few recipes...yum . I can go on but enough already.

4. Likes Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also like Loves Journey series. It is a christian romance series that also has movies about the books

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently finished A Good Woman by Danielle Steel and now I'm reading 44 Charles Street by Danielle Steel. Holy Bible is always on my reading list!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got done reading the Auto Biography of Jean Shepard, a 80 year old country singer. It was ok but knew the stuff already since I am an avid Country Music Fan, would love to get a hold of Bill Andersons Auto plus Jan Howard's.They say hers is wonderful, she has let a very troubling life. Her oldest son was killed in vietnam plus a few years later her middle son killed himself.

8. Likes Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    I like to read when I have some time and my kids enjoy reading. My middle son is into reading Warrior Cats series. He hopes to be a writer some day.

So, have you read any good books lately?
    I just finished reading Fall of the Giants, the first book in Ken Follet's Century Trilogy. Now I have to find the second book and third books... Winter of the World and Edge of Eternity.

My fave all-time book was his Pillars of the Earth.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    I just finished reading Fall of the Giants, the first book in Ken Follet's Century Trilogy. Now I have to find the second book and third books... Winter of the World and Edge of Eternity.

My fave all-time book was his Pillars of the Earth.
    Loved, Loved, Loved Pillars of the Earth!! A dear friend told me about it and I had my Book Club gals read it. Everyone loved it! I haven't read any of Follet's other books yet.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Loved, Loved, Loved Pillars of the Earth!! A dear friend told me about it and I had my Book Club gals read it. Everyone loved it! I haven't read any of Follet's other books yet.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    Hi, Jo. He wrote a sequel to Pillars of the Earth. It's World Without End. It took him 18 years to write it. It deals with Kingsbridge 200 years later and the main characters are the descendants of the characters in Pillars of the Earth.

I love all his books.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Hi, Jo. He wrote a sequel to Pillars of the Earth. It's World Without End. It took him 18 years to write it. It deals with Kingsbridge 200 years later and the main characters are the descendants of the characters in Pillars of the Earth.

I love all his books.
    Hi Poinciana,
    It sounds like I need to round up the Book Club gals again for another Follet book!! I'll be sure to read World Without End myself, if they don't want to read it. Thanks for letting me know what it is about. I'd heard the title before, but didn't know it was a sequel to Pillars.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!