Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Just Stopping in to say Hi

Been awhile since I posted ,hard time remmenbering my password,LOL and Id. but finally got it now I have to write it down,LOL Well I have been busy making Dallas Cowboy bears for my nephewd twin boys and a Dallas cowboy pillowghan,for my brother. also I have been making my crosses to give away to everyone I meet.But lately I have slowed down on my crocheting as we are trying to get ready to move back to Penna.on The 18th of this month. We are having a moving sale to help pay for gas back home. We tried to make it here in Missouri but haven't been able to get jobs and we are having a hard time making it. Lost our truck because we were unable to make payments . so we decided to go back to Pa. where we have jobs lined up already and my brother has boughten a trailer for us ,near him. being home with family and friends will make it so much easier to live out our lives. Hubby's family here wasn't want hubby expected,no closeness,we have been treated like strangers,but it had been 30 some years since we were in their lives. but we feel this is the best move for us at our ages 64 and 66,to be where we have spent our lives and our 42 yrs of marriage . in Pa. We did give Missouri almost a 2 yr try. So my crocheting has come to a crawl but still making the crosses . I have posted my pictures of my bears,and the Kanas City Chiefs bears I made.This is my new thing now making outfits for Bears,selling over 100 of my crochet books and patterns,in our moving sale not sure anyone will buy them.,bundled them in lots of 20 at 2.00 a bundle. and my collection of garagesale Barbies I was going to use someday to make outfits for. 2 in a bag for 1.00 .and some other dolls I collected. have to get rid of as much as I can won't all fit into a 2 bedroom trailer.Will post the pictures of my bears and pillowghan . HUgs until next time Peggy860, ladybeastmaster@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images Just Stopping in to say Hi-s7300799-jpg Just Stopping in to say Hi-s7300800-jpg Just Stopping in to say Hi-s7300801-jpg Just Stopping in to say Hi-s7300803-jpg 

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear from you! Thanks for sharing with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry things didn't woek out for you in Missouri, what part of Missouri do you live. Jobs are hard to find . I live just across the Mississippi River from St.Louis in a small town close to Alton IL. I know how you feel about about getting rid of stuff. I am moving to Ga. , my husband passed away last month and am moving fown to Ga to be with my daughter, so I have a large house here and will be moving to a one or two bedroom apartment. And it is so hard for me to throw anything away. I have always been a pack rat and having a yard sale is out of the question because I live in the country ona dead end road and no one would show up out here. Plus my husband has a large shed full of tools, them i can give to my SIL. Of course he will have to move trhem, they live about 700 miles from me. When you are my age you hate to just pick up and move, I am 69. So I feel for your husband and you having to make another move.
    I never been to Pa. have relatives up close to Pittsburg several cousins. That have only met a few times.
    Good luck with your moving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we tried it here and like you I'm 64 and hubby is 66 and this will be our last move back to Pa. we will be going back to where I was born and raised in a little town called Tunkhannock in the heart of the Endless Mts. I do love my mountains.Spent most of my childhood raoming them and looking for caves,with Indian artifacts in. so many caves and so little childhood,many caves will never be found.It is an Indian ares and they hold Indan Pow Wows all Spring,Summer and Fall .Most town names are after Indian names. Tunkhanock means where the waters meet.itwas a meeting place for different tribes to meet and exchange goods.My husband is part Algonquin Indian a Canadian tribe.That migrated to Norther new York.Yes I 'm almost done getting ready with the moving sale which will start on Fr. and o to Sat.Hubby might be home tomorrow I hope so. He won't miss working away from home. he already ahs his job that he worked at for over 20 yrs waiting for him back in Pa. He is looking forward to seeing all his old people coming into get help at the plumbing dept. he would help them figure out how to fix their own plumbing saving them lots of money.His old boss says people have still been coming back in looking for him to help them.Me I hope to get back in the Salvation Army where I worked partime. If not I will find something parttime lots of jobs there. as we have the biggest Proctor and Gamble plant on the eastcoast located there and lots of people working the gas wells so our little town is booming now. Lots of new bussinesses there opening up.I was disappointed in the Missouri help they denied me asa senior and I was told "get a job " went I appiled for Medicaid for insurance so I have no insurance,and had to wait in lines for food at the food pantries,that was the last straw,I was not going to beg for food . I worked hard all my life supporting people on welfare now when we needed help we are told get a job?? while the younger people get food stamps,medical and housing and everything else,and the illegals get all the government offers but not the seniors,pissed this old Irish lady off. Missouri can kiss my ass ,I will go and I will get a job and I will work and buy my own food. Neither my husband or I take any kind of prescriptions we are drug free from everything except an Alieve once in awhile.We don't believe in drugs and being put on prescriptions that will eventually kill you someway.We are hard workers and we depend on each other. Well enough complaining ,sorry,LOL you can e-mail me anytime you want more private at ladybeastmaster@yahoo.com Hugs your friend peggy.