Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Grandson is very sick. Family needs prayer

I am sitting here crying and just got done praying. I just got bad news about my youngest grandson. They took him to the doctor today and they did blood work on him.. The results that came back early was good so they sent them home. But after they stopped to eat the doctor called and told them to get him up to Akron Children's hospital asap. His calcium results came back and they were very high. He is supposed to only have a count of 9 - 11 but his was as high as 15. They said that is very dangerous because it could damage the heart and make the bones weak. He also said it could cause something else but I could not understand what it was. This is so hard on all of us. He is such a precious angel. I am putting my faith in God and trust Him with all my heart. I am not questioning why I only know there is some reason. Reminds me of what Job went through in the bible. We are all hurting right now for that precious little. He is a joy and great inspiration to all of us. With all he has been through he is always smiling and happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way! Thankfully, the doctors did blood work and called back!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sonnetta,

I will keep your grandson and your whole family in my prayers. May God protect and heal your precious grandson. Please keep us posted.
    ~~ Hugs and Prayers, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta I just saw this I'm praying for your grandson since it's been a few days I hope and pray he has already improved. I pray Gods peace and blessings on all of you. Love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    His calcium is down but now he has to go through surgery on Thursday to put a feeding tube in his stomach because they are having problems getting him to take his formula. Some days he does good and some days he don't. He is still on formula because his weight is not catching up to his length and they want him to get caught up so it don't do any damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Dear Sonnetta,

I will keep your grandson and your whole family in my prayers. May God protect and heal your precious grandson. Please keep us posted.
    ~~ Hugs and Prayers, Jo ♥
    Thank you so much Jo. We will need it till they get him on the right track. Seems like if it is not one thing it is another and they don't have much money and my son is having to take off work alot. After the surgery on Thursday I am praying that he will start gaining the weight like he should and things will start getting better for them. They are expecting a little girl in November too. So far the little girl is healthy. My grandson also has brittle bone disease and a type of dwarfism. But he is such an angel and a joy to me and his parents. He is such an inspiration because no matter what he goes through he always has a smile on his face and is always bright eyed and does something new all the time. Instead of us teaching him he is teaching us how to be no matter what we go through. Actually, he takes after his grandma on that one because I am the same way.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta,
    We had two granddaughters who had to be put on feeding tubes, due to not eating well. They are both very healthy now. Keep the FAITH, dear friend. Between God and all of our prayers, he will be okay.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to let you know I am adding my thoughts and prayers for your grandson that he overcomes this very quickly and is back to being his normal fun self. Know that the power of prayer can be very strong.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so very much for all your prayers. You are the best family anyone could every have. My own family don't even care as much as all of you do. It is so wonderful have great friends like you. I have not heard anymore for a couple days but will keep everyone updated. I love you all. God bless each and every one of you

Post Thanks / Like
    I've added you and your grandson and family to my prayers. I have made some of the best friends on here and they have seen me through a lot of trying times.