Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    hehehe I too use my headphones to 'blockout' noise and not just when counting stitches lol
    I do crochet outside like if I'm at the coffee shop or bus stop or in a waitingroom for appointments but mostly I am a homebody and just crochet at home where I usually am

Happy Stitching ~Melanie~
    MsStitchWitch on Crochetville
    MsStitchWitch73 on Ravelry

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been over 100 degrees here for the last few days with no end in sight. I don't foresee any outdoor crocheting in the near future!

3. Likes GoldieP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My most enjoyable crochet time is spent outdoors on my patio in the summer or as soon as the weather permits. I spend hours outside crocheting afghans or doilies or scarves to donate to the homeless and this is my way to not only relax, get some fresh air but to also create and finish my projects. Depending on what I'm working on I even crochet in the car when my hubby and I take trips to visit family or friends. Seems like I come with crochet hook attached lol.Guess you know what my favorite passtime is eh?
    Happy crocheting to all, Laurel.

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally crochet indoors. I have crocheted outdoors though and will probably crochet outdoors again. It's nice to sit outside and crochet sometimes. I have also taken my yarn to work and crocheted/knitted on break after doing my Bible Study lesson.

Post Thanks / Like
    My little doxie loves to be outdoors so I crochet while she investigates the back yard. Then she lays on the chair beside me to nap while I continue to crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like many others, where I go, my crochet goes too. I have a full set of hooks and a ball of yarn in the glove compartment of the car so I can work on a dishcloth while my hubby drives. If I don't finish it, I leave it there for the next trip. Also, my husband builds and flies radio-controlled airplanes, so we spend many summer weekends at a flying field in the middle of nowhere. I while away the hours with my crochet while he flies and visits with his friends, and have met many interesting women who stop by to see what I am making. It's a great conversation starter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like crochet everywhere, when I have enough time.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's nice to crochet outside when I still lived up N I used to go fishing with the kids and my husband and my crocheting it was relaxing I probably didn't get much done but nice time. Now I live in Fl most of the time it's to hot out. Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashlover View Post
    I had knee surgery AGAIN and when I am outside with the dogs, I take my work outside and, as my husband puts it, tie a few knots, while I am out there watching them. LOL
    That's funny...My husband used to say She's twiddling her fingers again" ha ha. I am one of those people that takes my crocheting with me every where. When I go visit my friends or to doctor's offices , etc. One time when I didn't share the driving we went all the way to California and I crocheted a baby blanket that I was giving to relatives new baby. I had it finished and wrapped as a gift by the time we got there. Another time I cut out all the quilt blocks every night when we stayed in motels and it was ready to sew together when we got home. Other than that I have to tell you while we were riding the van, that I painted a pair of tennis shoes and a sun visor to match . One time we stayed in a hotel in Dallas, Texas where my little grandson was in a pageant (he did bring home a trophy) and my dau-n-Law and I , each of us painted skirts to be worn at a party for all the contestants somewhere in HOTEL! The skirts were ready to wear the next day. As for crocheting outside, I have done that too. Now I can't seem to get away from the TV long enough to do it. I guess I hear the TV more than I look at it.

I am stuck on the TCM (Turner Classic Movies) I love that channel !! They have some of the best old movies. I am old enough to remember some of the movie child stars they show when they were just little kids .
    Does anyone out there like the old silent movies in black and white? I watched one the other day with Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy. It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Well I guess I have posted enough I will quit while I'm ahead!! redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 05-19-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess your a real crafter. I have always enjoyed crochet and now I do more quilting and making new wreaths for the door for the season we are in. It's good to keep at it for our mind. I also like to read not enough hrs in the day. I ruptured my Achilles tendon and have to be off my feet for two months in the big black boot and a walker but at least I can have something plus tv. I think I may have seen that movie with Stan and Laurel and the Three Stooges so funny they were. Well you take care of yourself and get better soon. Sue