Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I am shocked at my daughter {contains potty talk}

My daughter will be 3 years old August 19 this year. We are going currently in the middle of potty training.... nothing worked except for letting her run around naked while we are at home. She goes to the potty with no problem, and in about 3 months, she's only had 2-3 accidents of peeing on the floor.

I had just given her a bath earlier today, and not even an hour later she had grabbed my entire cup of sprite and poured it over her head and down her body. I am not sure if it was an accident or not, as I was in the restroom when it happened.... but if that wasn't bad enough, about a half hour after I had her cleaned up from that, she told me she needed to go poop, so I told her to go to the potty. She didn't. Instead, she decided it was a good idea to poop in her hand. Yes. She held her hand under her butt and pooped into her hand! I was dumbfounded! Then, if THAT wasn't bad enough, when I told her to put the poop in the potty so I could wash her hand, she did, but then {remember she's naked, too} she decided it was a good idea to wipe her hand on her leg........ EWWWWWW!!!!!

Has anyone ever known a kid to do anything like this before? Just yuck! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    ROFLOL I haven't had that problem myself but I have heard of it happening.

3. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had to laugh. Been there, done that as I am sure so many have!!!! There is a fascination with poop at that age. Hopefully it won't go onto the walls or the carpet! Grandkids pooped in the bathtub, mommy freaked out and then they were scared to get in the tub! Good luck!

5. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never had kids but I have heard they tend to do the strangest things. Just look at the commercial on TV for Clorox bleach where those kids go potty. And the commercial is on right now, LOL!!!

You kind of wonder what goes on in their cute little heads, though it can be frustrating. This too shall pass.

Roe

7. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When my oldest DS was about 16 months old, I put him down for a nap one hot afternoon. We didn't have a/c, so he just had a diaper and undershirt on. When I went to check on him later, I opened his door to the most horrid smell! He had removed his diaper , pooped and literally painted every crib rail with poo!! I was sanitizing the rest of the day!! From then on, nap attire consisted of sunsuits that could not be removed!

9. Thanks Lili thanked for this post
    Likes MeerKat, Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, painting with poop is fascinating to Toddlers.

11. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When my boys were 5 and 7 they decided to have a pee fight in the bathroom. There was pee all over the walls, running down the bathroom mirror, all over the floor and all over them. Lawdy what a mess that was.

Shelley

13. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Such good memories We have all been there done that. It is a phase that will pass, thank God.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you don't think this is funny right now, but some day when you can tell this story it will be really funny. I got a good laugh out of it. Keep the faith they only get easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never had that problem with my 3 sons but the oldest one had a problem frequent nosebleeds. One morning I went to his baby bed an he had had a nose bleed in the night . There was blood everywhere in his bed and on him and scared the wits out of me! There probably wasn't as much as it looked like to me but there was enough at a first glance to scare me half to death! He did grow out of that as he got older. At that time he probably was around a year old or a little younger.