Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  41
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I did some walking today by mowing my back lawn (front will be done on Sunday) and then I walked up to my hairdressers for my cut. Of course, the weather was beautiful but with a chance of rain so I did bring my little umbrella. Sure enough, as I was leaving, it was raining but not torrential and I walked home and actually was singing in the rain, LOL. Nope, didn't try dancing though.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I love walking in the rain, Roe, but we get so little rain here in Central Texas I almost never get the chance. Walked from the LYS where my knitting group meets on Sat. to the Mexican restaurant to get iced tea and back yesterday. About a quarter mile round trip. 90+ degrees, very humid and sunny. Really thought I'd have to call one of the girls from the group to come get me on the way back. It was HOT!!!

3. Likes DinahRoberts, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part of my Mother's Day weekend entailed shopping, so I did plenty of walking. It rained
    yesterday, so I walked inside my home Glad to hear about the different ways we walk to reach our goals! Yes, we are winning!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-12-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

5. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I've been bad....I haven't made myself get up and walk. I prefer going to the gym and getting on the treadmill and watching tv while I walk. I just haven't made the time. I keep making excuses and I need to quit it! I've gained back 2 pounds of the 13 I had already lost!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DinahRoberts View Post
    Well I've been bad....I haven't made myself get up and walk. I prefer going to the gym and getting on the treadmill and watching tv while I walk. I just haven't made the time. I keep making excuses and I need to quit it! I've gained back 2 pounds of the 13 I had already lost!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dinah - I was bad yesterday as well. Used a 40 minute dizzy spell as an excuse not to walk. Shame on us! It's so easy to make excuses, isn't it? Let's jump back on the bandwagon today and get back to the gym/walking before any more time passes. Each day that passes with an excuse makes it easier to make an excuse the next day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been doing short walks outside but today will be a longer one (probably 8 miles round trip minimum). Yesterday I had new appliances delivered so after they left, I just walked over to the post office (actually to mail my May granny exchange squares).

Keep calm and walk on!!!

Roe

9. Thanks dragondrummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    8 miles! Wow, Roe, you certainly give us something to shoot for! I'm still barely making a quarter mile - got about 50 feet beyond that yesterday. But it is farther than I got when I first started, so I'm happy. Know in time I'll be back to my 10k walks, just takes patience and lots of little walks to start with. Thanks for being such an inspiration!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I started out walking the boardwalk at the local beach and that was about two miles. Once I got into walking, I would keep going and every day, went a little farther. That's the way to do it, otherwise you get burned out. You'd be surprised how far you will eventually be able to go. But always remember, everyone does it at their own pace. I started walking this much after my hubby passed in 1999 so it's been a while.

Roe

12. Thanks dragondrummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually got close to a half mile yesterday, Roe! And felt good enough afterward to help a friend unpack the U-haul truck she drove back from MT with all her stuff in it. Getting stronger every day!

14. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure I'll be walking for a bit. Just got home from the pain doctor and I have to have shots in my back and neck for bulging discs. Then I'll have physical therapy for a while but I'm optimistic that I will be walking for health again really soon!!! I love reading about all of your successes!!
    Dinah