Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  41
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are joining us, AuntieAlice. I think I will start taking one of my dogs when I walk as well. My shepherd/terrier mix has gotten really chubby and needs to lose weight (along with her mom).

Post Thanks / Like
    AuntieAlice, welcome to the walking club! Glad your precious furbaby is joining you on the walk! It's my pleasure to encourage you as your pursue this goal. Youre very welcome.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Only made about a tenth of a mile yesterday with my dog, Ruby, before my knee swelled too much to continue. Guess it needs a couple more days rest. Sitting here with an ice pack unable to sleep because of the pain. Ruby really enjoyed her little bit of a walk though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya The cell is necessary. My billfold is an old smoker case, not mine. The lighter pouch carries my cell just perfect. The larger part carries ID and all other junk. Shoulder is better but I am really tired out. Hope this garage sale is worth all this trouble. Getting to old for this stuff. Heee heeee.
    One day went up and down basement stairs about 5 or 6 times. Bathroom trips are necessary too. heee heee But we did get a lot done. I seen thing I haven't seen in about 18 yr. Getting rid of most of it. YAAAA About time right?
    ALSO in my state they tell you to put ICE in front of an emergency contact in your cell phone. Means In Case Emergency. I don't know if that is US wide or not but seem like a GREAT idea so I have that in mine. My hubby has his set that way too.
    Charlye

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    Charlye and Dragondrummer, I am so sorry to hear that you injured yourselves. Please take the necessary time needed to heal. I will be praying for both of you to recover speedily.(((Hugs))

Thanks for the Tips Charlye and Dragondrummer:

*carry water
    *ID(billfold), in case of an emergency
    and I want to add, *carry a cell phone for emergency purposes

Jaa, welcome to the walking club. What diet plan are you using?

Today I walked a longer distance than yesterday. It felt so good.! After returning home, I did some gardening= more exercise for me! I noticed my bike(bought and last ridden in 2011) in the garage and eventually I hope to add it to my fitness program.

Ladies, by taking One Step at a time, we will reach our goals! Keep up the Good Work!

5. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will also be taking Rambo my poodle with my when I walk and when my hubby and I ride our bikes he goes with us in hubby's basket and the we let him run through a parking lot that ride through. He loves it. got to get back to riding while the weather is nice. We have the garage sale Friday and Saturday, my niece leaves Sunday for her home in northern WI.
    I am trying to catch up on my things here as I will probably not be on for a few days. Hope I can get on here Sunday, we will see. Glad to see our group has grown so much lately.
    Love to all. Charlye

7. Likes dragondrummer, Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am watching calories with the free app. from Amazon called Lose It. I put in my weight and how much I want to lose and it tells me how many calories I can eat each day. My goal is 30 lbs. I have now lost 10 lbs. I lose 2 lbs a week. It is working for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going for a short walk after my dr. appt. today. The Medical Center has a nice track (with no stray dogs) a mile long. I only expect to make a quarter mile, but will try for more. Really wish this track was closer, but it is about 22 miles from my house. The track close to my house always has a problem with stray dogs, stray kids on skateboards and stray homeless druggies/alcoholics. I not only carry everything mentioned, I also carry a big stick! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I carry pepper spray, which is legal here since it is a natural substance. One of the cops I have talked to said it was also good for dogs but fortunately anyone I pass who is walking their dogs have them leashed. So far, I haven't seen any stray dogs or loose dogs (just the annoying squirrels).

Roe

11. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Butterflyrose, I live next door to my sister in-law and we get out when we can and walk in the evenings for about 45 minutes or an hour, depending on how much we need to catch up on but it's always at least a 45 minute walk. 45 minutes walking for us is 2 miles. My husband says I need to use our treadmill to walk but I don't like to use it. The time goes by to slow even though we have a tv on our sunroom where the treadmill is, but, when I get outside and walk with her the time just flies by!! I feel so much better after walking. I don't walk as often as I should but maybe I can change that.

I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work!!

13. Thanks Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Likes dragondrummer, Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Made a quarter mile yesterday at the Medical Center track with my DH. Think I could have gone further but he started having trouble with his PAD and wanted to quit and go have lunch. At least my dog doesn't complain about her legs hurting...lol. ;-)