Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeerKat at least you know what the problem is and it is treatable. Are the shots the Coumadin!! My twin sister takes the pills but when she was in the hospital and then the rehab hospital sometimes they would have to give her the shots to thin the blood quicker!! I'm sure you don't have a wicked bone in your body!! I am also sure you are feeling overwhelmed when your husband ,or any other loved one, is bedridden it's a little easier if everything stays the same at least you know what to expect but throw in a new problem and it's a whole different story. I will defineately lift you up in prayer every day. Take care of yourself as much as you can. I wish I lived close to you as I would be right there to help you! Goodnight God bless you. Hugs Winnie

2. Thanks Lili thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Winnie, It isn't the cuminum there are giving the shot for but has something to do with cuminum side effects. Nurses will have to come out every couple of days and draw blood for a couple of weeks to see how it is working.. Then only come once a week and then only once a month. I have a Sister -in-law who has been on cuminum for 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice: I too wish, just like Winnie, that your hubby would stay another day or so to let you have a bit more rest. When I broke my hip I had to use the Coumadin for a month twice per day with shots into my belly. I am sooo sorry you are going through this pretty much by yourself. I again wish I were closer to give you some support and respite.

I did not realize your daughter had been there the first of April. I hope you had a good visit with them and I am sure they had to go home too soon. Glad they will be back in July.

I am glad to hear that the home health nurses will be coming out regularly to check on your husband. And thank goodness you got him to hospital quickly!

Thinking of you every day. Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Tom didn't come home today, he was throwing up this morning so they wanted to keep him another day. I could have told them that isn't unusual for him. But I kept my mouth shut.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is OK for them to keep him another day or so. I remember the night he ate all the cherries and threw up all night! Yikes. Rest and take care of yourself. Love, Shirley

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Meerkat,
    I am keeping you and your husband in my daily prayers and will add you both to my prayer list when I pray my Rosary. God knows what you both need and will provide. I am glad your daughter is coming back to help you in July. Do you have anyone to help you in the meantime? You need to be sure to take good care of yourself. Try to get some rest whenever you can. All of us are here if you need to unload.
    Love and Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jo. That is the problem I have no one to help me other than the couple that comes in the evening for an hour. and now he has some contagious Bacteria infection they found yesterday. I know he got it from up there. If an illness won't kill you these hospitals will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear MeerKat, You certainly have your plate full with having to care for your husband. It is important to at least try to get the rest you need too. Being a care giver is a tough 24/7 job. I hope you find some help caring for your husband. I am deeply grateful to the hospice help I received taking care of my mother. I will keep you both in my prayers.
    Auntie Alice

Post Thanks / Like
    I am keeping you and your husband in my prayers. Being the care giver is no easy job. Enjoy the little time you have before he comes home. Do something for yourself you can't do when he is there. You deserve a little break/treat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alice, Yes it is a hard job. I wouldn't wish it on anyone..
    Teresa, I did just that Easter Sunday. The couple that helps me in the evening took me out to Easter at this Buffet place. It was really nice. It had been years since I have been anywhere other that to the Dr.