Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 3 of 16 First 1234513 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    In fact, Susan when I've purposefully tried to propagate roses, no success. No effort, this time and there was success! How about that! Hope it happens for you too! Sunday blessings received and they have manifested. Thank you! May you be forever blessed.(((Hugs)))

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    I counted 11 golden cherry tomatoes, lots of flowers on all my peppers, 2 jalpenos to be picked, bottle brush is loaded, lilies are showing their heads, squash and cukes are budding too. My Christmas cactus is budding, star jasmine, pink jasmine, and both gardenias are flowering. Such a nice aroma when night breeze comes into the bedroom. Isn't Spring wonderful?
    This fall the neighbor said I could have some of her rose cuttings to start my own large rose bushes. I have a large bowl with mini roses that do well in the back yard. Hope it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished watering my lawn and a few of my flowers and did some "soft" hedge trimming. Also, I cleaned out my planter by the mail box. It has pink mini roses in bloom.

Aeaston, Your veggies sound delicious and what beautiful flowers you have. Best wishes on propagating your rose cuttings. It's an exciting venture! I agree, spring is wonderful!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-07-2014 at 05:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally starting buying my plants in preparation for planting over the weekend. Today I picked up basil, green peppers, cubanelle (Italian frying peppers), a six pack of different tomato plants and geraniums. Still have to get more geraniums and begonias and some more herbs, like oregano, thyme, sage and rosemary. Chives come up every year, it is so weird, I keep that pot outside and cut it down at the end of the season and even with the cold snow and ice, they started popping out this year.

Almost done with decorating my patio, already been sitting outside. Yeah Spring!!!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to be very busy getting my yard and beds in shape this year after several years of neglect. Circumstances forced me to let everything go and now it is a mess. I go outside and work for a bit everyday. It's hard to see any progress yet but I keep toiling away.

7. Thanks Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, you can celebrate the fact that you have the opportunity to make your yard and beds beautiful. I'm celebrating with you! What work have you done so far? I enjoy reading the details regarding efforts made to reach a goal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started my patio container gardening today. I planted cucumber, lettuce, broccoli and garden beans. The
    seed packages are marked ideal for containers. Felt so good to start!

Roe, you have selected some delicious plants. Enjoy those geraniums!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought oregano, thyme and marigolds (the marigolds go around my tomato plants to repel bugs) and more geraniums today. Almost finished buying my plants, just need rosemary and I decided to go with geraniums only this year so will pick up the last that I need by the weekend and then start planting them. Even though they all go in container pots, it is still playing in the dirt and I love it!!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    We had frost not many days ago then 86 tomorrow so don't know what is next. Don't know who made Mother Nature angry, but I will offer her chocolate to settle down!

12. Likes LI Roe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My container garden has happily welcomed today's rain. YAY for the rain!:-) I'll be looking through my packets to see what I'll plant next.

I enjoy keeping a garden journal. QUESTION: Do any of you keep a garden journal?