Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  45
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dinah I am so sorry you are having problems with your daughter. I will pray for both of you. Children think their Mothers can take anything they just don't realize we are human to.
    Faye, can't wait until I meet you either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dinah, my daughter is not speaking to me now because I said some things on Facebook and she hadn't told people about the things I said. They were true but I had to say I lied. It will be a year in September.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi TwinFaye and Dinah,
    I hope and pray that you and your daughters can get along.
    Jean

4. Thanks DinahRoberts thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Dinah, my daughter is not speaking to me now because I said some things on Facebook and she hadn't told people about the things I said. They were true but I had to say I lied. It will be a year in September.
    Oh no! I'm so sorry Faye!!! It's so sad when our grown children act up like that. You know if she didn't want it told then she should have kept it to herself in the first place. You know? Anyway, I hope she gets over it soon and makes up with you. My problem isn't that I'm not getting along with my daughter, just the opposite in fact (for a change). She is bi-polar like me and we do butt heads regular and often LOL. My daughter is having some legal problems right now that I just can't talk about. I'm just so sad for and with her.
    Great big bear hugs to you! Dinah

P.S. I didn't get to read this post until now. We had terrible storms here in NW Florida with 26.81 inches of rain, over 60,000 lightening strikes, flooding all over the area and roads washing out. It will take a while for us to recover for sure.
    Last edited by DinahRoberts; 04-30-2014 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Needed to add the P.S.
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that is something to be thankful for and our problems don't seem as big as those losing homes and their lives. Thanks for your comments.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and you. I can totally understand the dynamics between a daughter and a mother. Sometimes the daughters do not realize that we mothers have feelings and they are so stubborn that they will not admit that they are wrong. This past wknd we were with my daughter and her family who live almost 5 hours from us. We went to see them for our grandson's school program and scout soap box derby and spent the wknd. We did not realize that my daughter had to work all wknd. She works for a radio station and had some clients that needed attention as they were doing some promotional things so she drove separately. Anyway....at the soap box derby which was held at a car dealership there was a desk with a bowl of tootsie rolls. There were 3 boys that kept coming back to empty the bowl, the last time when I watched them, they were filling their shirt and pants pockets with the tootsie rolls. Of course their parents and scout leader were not watching them so, I politely said to the boys "That is enough, you don't need to fill your pockets". I guess this offended my daughter and as we were leaving, she remarked that "I had barked at everyone today" I guess the kids taking candy did not really affect me at all, but I felt it was wrong for these boys to continually empty this large bowl of candy. A single treat is fine, but to not be greedy. I guess parents parent differently in today's world! UGH Anyway....It was pretty awkward. My son-in-law apologized for my daughter and I told him that was not necessary. He had a talk with her as she is very stubborn, I did not visit the situation again. Later we were visiting with someone my daughter knew and they remarked something, and my daughter stated back that she had gotten in enough trouble this wknd. I guess that was her way of letting me know she had hurt my feelings. She is very strong willed. I am not sure what your situation is, but I will pray that she will get over this. Life is too short to not get along. I will continue to pray for you and your daughter.

Post Thanks / Like
    My situation came about when I was talking to my friends and I told them that her husband was in jail when they met and she lost custody of her first daughter because of him. She had not told their daughter the truth of how they met. I also said that I could never do enough for my youngest granddaughter. She never acts like she cares about me and when I have had her visit it is like I am an entertainment director and not very good at my job. So I hurt her feelings and they told her I lied about her daddy. I am someone who can not be trusted to keep her secrets and she doesn't want to be around me any more. This was on Facebook and I did realize that when I put her name on it she would see it and unfortunately I put her name and my granddaughters name on the post that it would be sent to them. I didn't know but now I don't even say there names but it is too late. I have apologized and cried and begged but I am done with it. I am going to write one more letter then I am moving on myself. I didn't do it intentionally and I should be forgiven. She says I should have tried harder to be a grandmother like she had. Her Grandmother was mostly a saint and I will never be that. So that is where I am. So sad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometime Children don't realize their parents are human. For 5 years, when my daughter was married to her first husband she barely spoke to me.He would tell her lies about me and I can't believe she believed him. But she did, before she married him we were very close. He didn't like me because we were so close. Thank God her husband now really likes me. But our relationship will never be the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dear Twinfaye---I am so do deeply saddened by your situation with your daughter and granddaughter. It sounds to me like you have done everything in your power to make the situation better. Unfortunately, WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF OTHER PEOPLE ;( I am glad that you are writing another letter to your daughter. Hopefully she will read and understand what happened to cause this rift. It is unfortunate that your daughter can not see that her decisions affect those around her and that in the end, the truth will come out. Know that one day, hopefully your daughter will realize that she has missed out on a very important time in your life and things can be different. I'm sending you hugs and hoping it can be worked out. If not I am glad that you will be able to put this behind you and move on. As a mother, it is hard for us to imagine that our children don't turn out the way we want them to. I had a friend that said after her daughter got involved with the wrong man and was in lots of trouble, she stated "It would be nice to be able to order your child's mate from the JC Penney catalog, but I guess that is just impossible." Sometimes we just need to let our children make their own mistakes, but be there to pick up the pieces when they fall. Sending you hugs and bringing you a ray of sunshine to brighten your day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Fay,
    I don't know if your daughter is and alcoholic or not. If she is she can go to an AA meeting and if she isn't she can go to an al-anon meeting. At the meetings, anything you say is kept confidential. The only rule in going to an al-anon meeting is that you know an alcoholic. I'm so sorry Fay that your daughter can't/won't forgive you. I've said some things to my Mom and done some things I shouldn't have done and later said I was sorry and now she is gone. I'm glad I said I was sorry when I still could/while she was still here. It would've been a burden on me if I hadn't said I was sorry.
    Jean Marie