Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Christine and Susie Ann, I couldn't say this with all of the elegance you both used, I try to always think that "What God brings you to, He will bring you through..". Sometimes while it is going on, it's very hard to accept.. But, after the fact, I try see the reason.. So, I really try hard to remember that will happen if I am just patient.. I also try not to take things so very serious. I don't like mean or passive aggressive people.. They are underhanded and of great self importance. They are all around us.. So I try to remove my self from them and let them eat their own words. God Bless you ladies.. I do believe God is watching over all of us... Amen Hugs, Teresa

2. Likes Christine1958 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mother always said, God only gives us enough that we can handle. I believe that. I have had many burdens in the past, but when I look back, there is a reason for it all. Teresa, I am with you. I do not like passive aggressive people. Me, I am too trusting and always want to see the good in others. Not long though, the truth becomes clear. Sad how some people are.
    Life right now is still hard, but I have a husband who loves me and takes care of me. We may not be rich material wise. But we are rich in happiness and love.
    A Smile is a gift to be shared daily.

4. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christine, There you go. . God Bless you and your family now and always.. May God hold you all in the palm of his hands.... <3 Hugs, Teresa

6. Likes Christine1958 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    huge hugs back Teresa
    A Smile is a gift to be shared daily.

8. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI Susie Ann, I can tell by what you say that you have a lot of faith in God. That is what it takes. I believe in Him too and hope someday to see my Mom and Dad and my wonderful husband of 36 years in heaven with the Lord. We may not meet on this side but we surely will on the other side! You will be in my prayers. Keep the faith! Believe in Him and He will answer in his own time and in His own way....we may not like His answer, but He knows what He is doing and His answer will be just what we need. I truly believe that. I have been going thru a trial myself for the last 3 weekends with one of my sons. Today the answer came and God is answering my prayers once again! Thank you Jesus!!!!! It has been a rough 3 weeks. Everything is getting better now. WE love our children regardless, but we don't have to like the things they do. His life is turning around once again now for the better. I would like to ask you all to pray for me and my son tho, that he will keep up what he is doing now. We all make mistakes and we all can ask God to forgive us. I think life is what we make of it for ourselves. I have decided to be happy regardless of what is going on and what the situation is that I find myself in. We can literally make ourselves sick with worry if we let it. Worry never does do any good...things are gonna happen anyway and people are going to do what they want regardless, but God can change things for us. I will try to live the way I think He wants me to and some day there will be a reward for me and those who love one another like God wants us to. Thanks for letting me blow off a little steam! I really needed this! I love you all, my friends on Crochettalk and am glad I found this website! redhead/Patty

10. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty You are right. I will pray for your son. I really like psalm 103 in any version I have read it a lot in the KJV(old one) I just read it in the message bible. It is reassuring us of God's Love and a lot more. My oldest son 38 said he saw a minister on tv and he was wondering about this in the bible-- the Lord would say the sheep to the right and the goats to the left --I never knew you. He said the minister sounded like you really had to work at getting to heaven(Maybe my son misunderstood the intent of what the minister was saying). I said all you have to do is ask God into your heart and believe that Jesus is God's son and truly God--the 3 in one. But as it says in James your actions will back your words. The goats were the ones that did everything for their own benefit even if they had a ministry. The sheep just tried to be good people and live the Way God wanted them to and ask for forgiveness when they sinned and try to do better the next day. Not to be sorry you were caught but truly sorry. I wish someone would have explained the book of James like that to me. It sure had me doubting if my faith was good enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    I turned 61 last august. I, too, have had my share of problems over the years: bi-polar in all its glory, alcohol (sober since 94), chronic pancreatitis since 94 (outlived their 5 year prognosis). just keep going day-to-day. some days are good and I can actually get off my chair/couch and do something, some days I just sit for hours doing nothing. but I keep on. I collect yarn, Chihuahuas, cookbooks, and of course patterns for knitting and crocheting. i don't know when I will get a good day and need a "cool" pattern/recipe so I keep collecting....hehehe! how do I get through? I have a very loving and understanding husband, I pray a lot, I remind myself that there is always tomorrow, and did I say I pray a lot? god only gives us as much as we can handle at one time. so, I try to get through these times and go on. today is a good day so i'm going to get up and go do something!!

Post Thanks / Like
    God Bless You I wish you God's Joy --peace--strength and some Holy laughter. We all need to laugh more They say if you fake laugh it will cause real laughing In the bible it says something like this A Merry heart keeps the bones from drying out I think I will try that I have been crying way too much So here is wishing you all a laughing good day

Post Thanks / Like
    for years, I could not handle the way my emotions were. I finally had a diagnosis of bi-polar disorder and my meds help. But I also noticed as I got older I stopped letting people walk all over me. I have also realized I do not have to please everyone. Like everyone, I have good days and bad but these are lot fewer and far between.

Post Thanks / Like
    WabashWoman, God Bless you. Have a 28 yr old GD with Bipolar & schnitzaphrenia (sp) so I understand some what for you.
    My GD is not doing as well as she could?? Im helpless (Im here for a shoulder or ear & she know that. God bless HUGS