Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  72
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you like to volunteer?

Many of us take the time to volunteer for different organizations. Personally, I volunteer for our Girl Scout troop and service unit. I am involved with my daughter and also many girls within the community!

So, do you like to volunteer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I have volunteerd for 12 years at and army base. Had to give it up ---health issues. It was at a day care center

3. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, when kids were in school, and yrs ago church lady auxillary, and few other things now and again, thx!

5. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I enjoy volunteer work! I used to volunteer 3 days a week for the Veteran's Administration Hospital. I now volunteer 2 days a month, drawing blood for the blood bank.

7. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a volunteer for the Humane Society and have been a Disaster Action Team member with the Red Cross for 3 years now. I LOVE IT! Most of the work involves local house fires and apartment fires, although I have been deployed to New York for Hurricane Sandy. I encourage anyone and everyone to get involved with the Red Cross - it is a great way to help your community.

9. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not anymore, when my children were young I volunteered for Field trips and different thing for school. But that is all.

11. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. not me. but when is need a helping hands by asked. I will give my best if I could at that time only - I did not believe many of so call volunteer = take avenge of other for used so benefit and cause unnecessary creating another king of 'FREE LOADING' attitude line up for………
    I also have choose and see what/who is needed the help? the nice people do not asked for volunteer ? special asked for $$$ donation!!!!
    too many here in the country?!!!
    Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

13. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iistok View Post
    No. not me. but when is need a helping hands by asked. I will give my best if I could at that time only - I did not believe many of so call volunteer = take avenge of other for used so benefit and cause unnecessary creating another king of 'FREE LOADING' attitude line up for………
    I also have choose and see what/who is needed the help? the nice people do not asked for volunteer ? special asked for $$$ donation!!!!
    too many here in the country?!!!
    Ivy
    I am nice and ask for volunteer help in our girl scout troops. The program does not exist without volunteers and it is a great program for the girls. I also volunteered for 4_H and we ask parents to help us to. There are nice people out there that need volunteer help that do not take advantage of others.

15. Likes MeerKat, blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya, I have volunteered many times in my life.. Schools, hospitals and free clinics.. They were all awesome to be a part of but I think my fav. was free clinics and what goes with that....Teresa

17. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have volunteered, many times. I have been involved with Girls Scouts, Indian Maidens, Neighborhood Watch, The Friends of the Park and Friends of the Library. We are financially down on our luck right now and I no longer have access to a car so my volunteering days are on hold for now. I did enjoy it, though.

19. Likes Barbara G., MeerKat, blueeyes68, teresah liked this post