Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  72
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teresah;117473]Hiya LI Roe, Thumbs up to you <3 Teresa[/QUOTE]

Thanks from another Brooklyn NY born gal!!! Parents moved to LI when I was 11 years old.

Roe

2. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Roe, No kidding.. I lived there for a while.. It was not far from Amityville, called the American Venice.. I also spent a lot of time at my Fav. Aunt's home in Lindenhurst.. As far as Bklyn goes, I was raised on McDonald Ave./Avenue U... Teresa

4. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teresah;117479]Hiya Roe, No kidding.. I lived there for a while.. It was not far from Amityville, called the American Venice.. I also spent a lot of time at my Fav. Aunt's home in Lindenhurst.. As far as Bklyn goes, I was raised on McDonald Ave./Avenue U... Teresa[/QUOTE]
    What a small world. My parents lived on Avenue U in an apartment when I was little. I have pictures of me with my aunt in a little pool in the area, between apartments. Then they moved to W. 1st St , corner of Avenue X where Cuccio!s bakery is still there.In 1963 they moved to Bay Shore. Another aunt lived in Copiague, I lived in Melville when I was married the first time,
    Stayed in Suffolk in Dix Hills after my divorce , then remarried and we bought our house in North Massapequa where I still am.

Roe

6. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Roe, Jeepers, what a small world.. I know exactly where the places are that you have mentioned.. This is a kick.. This is why I love meeting new people.. You just never know..
    I can tell you a funny story about a girl I met in college..(In St. Pete., Fla)(Long time ago.)
    I was sitting in Psych. (1st day of class), and there was a girl that kept staring at me.. After class, I introduced my self to her and asked her why she was staring.. she asked me if I was from Bklyn.. I said yes why and she said never mind, I'll see you next class...Hmmm... Next class she brought a picture of her kinder garden class and there I was in the front row with this silly flower headband on my head..(Thanks Mom..LOL) PS 95 Right off McDonald on Avenue U....LOL As it turned out, she live 2 blocks away from me..

8. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teresah;117481]Hiya Roe, Jeepers, what a small world.. I know exactly where the places are that you have mentioned.. This is a kick.. This is why I love meeting new people.. You just never know..
    I can tell you a funny story about a girl I met in college..(In St. Pete., Fla)(Long time ago.)
    I was sitting in Psych. (1st day of class), and there was a girl that kept staring at me.. After class, I introduced my self to her and asked her why she was staring.. she asked me if I was from Bklyn.. I said yes why and she said never mind, I'll see you next class...Hmmm... Next class she brought a picture of her kinder garden class and there I was in the front row with this silly flower headband on my head..(Thanks Mom..LOL) PS 95 Right off McDonald on Avenue U....LOL As it turned out, she live 2 blocks away from me..[/QUOTE]

I also had relatives in Bensonhurst on 61st St by 18 Ave and and 82nd St by 19th Ave. At one point, I went to PS 48 for a very short time on 61st St by my aunt and grandma since my mom was working (before younger brother was born) but I was really from PS 216. Some relatives are still in Sheepshead Bay but the majority all moved to either PA or NJ and points farther west. It is amazing how people come together who live or know the areas. Glad I mentioned it.

Take care, see ya.

Roe

10. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have volunteered a lot in the past. The most fun was being a Delta volunteer with my Golden Retriever, Chloe. We visited a nursing home every week and it was wonderful to see the patients come out of their shells when Chloe was around. Chloe loved the visits as much as the patients - lots of attention and treats. I've also volunteered as an AIDS hospice visitor and a visitor for those dying of cancer.

12. Likes Barbara G., N/A, blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the years I volunteered at my kids schools, their Boy Scout troops and other things. I also spent 14 years volunteering at our local library. I also spent over two years volunteering at a local model train layout. But right now I volunteer at Stone Soup on Thursday nights. A local church feeds the needy that night and I help in the kitchen, serve coffee and in general help wherever needed.

14. Likes Barbara G., dragondrummer, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The feeling I get when I volunteer is amazing. I LOVE helping others. Sadly, I haven't got out to volunteer since I've moved to michigan.... when the weather gets warmer, everything will change, though. I am no longer pregnant, no longer recovering from a c-section, no longer having to carry my daughter everywhere, so lots will change this year =D

16. Likes Barbara G., dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I volunteer at Give Kids the World... a village in Kissimmee, Fl for children with illnesses considered terminal.

18. Likes Barbara G., dragondrummer, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Roe, Another New Yorker.. You gotta love it... Teresa

20. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post