Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I agree with all of you so far! I've had the same frustrations, but I learned a long time ago that life is not simple or easy.

Yes, it seems some yarn companies discontinue yarn that is popular... or they discontinue a specific color that I happen to like.

One small thing that also bothers me is to run across a knot in a new skein of yarn. I always wind my yarn in a ball before I start using it because it's easier for me to work with. So I'm winding away and find a KNOT, and this is frutrating. I do not like knots, and a lot of patterns even tell you to avoid making them in your work... so WHY does a yarn company give you a skein with a knot in the middle of it??!!! It's CRAZY!

I might think of a few more later on, that one just came to my mind while reading.

2. Likes Judi Gums, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same frustrations that have been mentioned so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Besides poorly written patterns, another pet peeve is yarn with no dye lot that doesn't match!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes manufacturers have to discontinue an item because they can't get the proper dyes or there is a problem with getting the correct type/weaving of yarn; they also look at national or international sales and the ones that are falling off get discontinued. A pattern should tell you the weight of the yarn; if you have to make a substitution as long as you keep with the same weight yarn you shouldn't be too far off (you might have to change hook size). Beyond all of this, I totally agree with all the pet peeves that have been listed!

6. Likes billieconrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily, I have not come across a pattern with bad directions yet.
    However, I do not have many patterns.