Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you find the shipping? Its really outrages her in Canada, and of course we have to pay duty and taxes at the border.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Misty, I don't know about the shipping, especially to Canada. I haven't ordered online form these companies, just from the mail order catalog where there is a chart with the shipping charges. Most online stores calculate the shipping for you based on your order size when you check out. I believe, if you went that far in the process and discovered it was too much, you could still cancel the order. Or I'm sure there's a way to contact the company and ask, either through, email, a form on the website or a toll free number. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ladies thought about checking out eBay? Some people have craft stores online and may carry some of the items you need at an affordable price.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you try Etsy, there are a ton of sellers on there with great prices. Some buy wholesale and resell it, other spin their own yarn or sell rag yarn, t-shirt yarn, etc. My favorite wholesaler is Crochetgal. She has wonderful stuff at pretty good prices.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to buy online. One of my favourite places to buy is Etsy.com . They have some amazing supplies there and the handspun yarns from some sellers are to die for!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Writer_crafter, thanks very much for your compliments about my Etsy shop. Much appreciated.

Yes, I do sell yarns in my shop. I deal primarily with the yarns from Coats & Clark, including Red Heart, TLC, Boutique, and Stitch Nation, as well as the threads from J&P Coats. I try to keep a 'reasonable' stock on hand most of the time but sometimes its hard. However, I will special order any yarn in any quantity if asked and I ship worldwide.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have friends who love buying online yarn via knitpicks.com- but I like to "feel before buying" I am lucky to live near several wonderful local yarn shops in Sonoma County.

Post Thanks / Like

yarn

You are very lucky to have such great access to Craft Stores, I'm about an hour away, so due to the gas prices I have to make the trip worth while, like grocery shopping or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Your site looks great, how do you find sales are they good or average? There was someone on the posts yesterday talking about trying to sell her crochet items an not having much luck. Misty